BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
What year is the seat? I'm assuming you're using the lock for a new seat?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What year is the seat? I'm assuming you're using the lock for a new seat?
Hi, it is from my 2014 HP4 Comp. I am not using the lock for anything. I have the plastic cover on the bike. I figured without the key the lock is useless, unless it can be reprogrammed.

·
Vendor
2,639 Posts
Hi, it is from my 2014 HP4 Comp. I am not using the lock for anything. I have the plastic cover on the bike. I figured without the key the lock is useless, unless it can be reprogrammed.

The lock cylinder can be taken apart and re-pad'ed to another key code. I have the pads and tools to take them apart.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The lock cylinder can be taken apart and re-pad'ed to another key code. I have the pads and tools to take them apart.
Thanks a lot for the intel, I am going to put it back in the seat then and sell it complete.

·
Vendor
2,639 Posts
Just an offer here...

if someone buys this and wants the lock cylinder re-key'ed, @SkyDan can send to me and I will re-key it for the new owner, then send to this new owner ready to use with their existing key. All I need is a picture of your existing key to read the code of the key.

Reactions: I RR Fast

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just an offer here...

if someone buys this and wants the lock cylinder re-key'ed, @SkyDan can send to me and I will re-key it for the new owner, then send to this new owner ready to use with their existing key. All I need is a picture of your existing key to read the code of the key.
Sounds awesome, thank you very much.

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts