BMW S1000RR Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi. I am having the problems with my 2011. Have full akrapovic and a pc5. I have the Dan Kyle map installed. I live in Canada. My bike has a annoying hesitation on acceleration. It only does it some times and only on the beginning hit. Example. 8000 rpm 2nd gear rolling hard on the throttle. The bike hesitates or maybe a second and then hits hards throughout redline and the rest of the gears. It is frustrating. I contacted Dan and he wasn't able to really help. If it wasn't for the hesitation it would be perfect.

Can someone please help??

Thanks

Chad

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
My bike did this the first few sessions I rode it on the track. It was extremely annoying, the hesitation was really bad exiting - it would cut out so abruptly that my helmet would hit the screen then it would come back and almost pull me off the bike. It was completely random, but stopped doing it after a while.
WOW that is a huge cut out.I had much smaller ones and I was pissed at the track.... As I mentioned in the other thread I don't have PC V just full on Taylor made exhaust.Same surging/power loss 4-8k RPM

I will be replacing my air filter (I got 7k miles), cleaning throttle bodies and putting Techron in he gas see if it helps...

So after much research my guess its eather sucly Ethanol 10+ gas (around 30 some) that clogs everything up OR BMW problem that a recall has not been issued on yet (not enough complaints to BMW).

READ HERE:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2/821...re-Ethanol-in-Gas-May-Damage-Motorcycles.aspx

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Hey guys, latest update on my bog.... its GONE.

I reverted my mapping to one George Villar's gave me with a ton of dyno time on from a race shop in NYC and plugged the PAIR valve and disconnected the O2's....

And the beast of the east is back with no hesitation.

I smile every time I twist the throttle and hang the wheel through five gears.

Thank you all for your help and postings.

My plan is to figure out what triggered this bog, because I changed a bunch at once.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
534 Posts
this huge fuel cutout that some of you are experiencing, I wonder if it's the same thing I've noticed when revving my bike at a standstill, and the DTC starts flashing and the bike won't rev past 7000rpm. It's not a limiter, it just completely cuts out.

And...it's nearly impossible to repeat it. It's bad enough just sitting in the garage and it happens, I can't possibly imagine how bad it'd be while riding!! :eek:

Otherwise, however, my bike runs like a champ; I've never felt even the slightest hiccup on the road.
I don't yet have my pc5 and ar exhaust on so mine is currently stock, well they are on but not yet run so for the sake of this post assume stock. I too have encountered the odd Rev stop condition...I'd say about 5 or 6 times in the last year...it's always while sitting still (in my garage too last time...lol...maybe it has to do with garages:). I have never encountered it when driving...well I think maybe once just after break in but never since. It is a weird phenomenon, like i said it happened in my garage 2 weeks ago after some very spirited riding, at shutdown i went to rev her a few times and she just said nope. I have chalked it up the the ECU rev limiter somehow thinking it's in break in mode for whatever reason for that moment.

·
Registered
534 Posts
WOW that is a huge cut out.I had much smaller ones and I was pissed at the track.... As I mentioned in the other thread I don't have PC V just full on Taylor made exhaust.Same surging/power loss 4-8k RPM

I will be replacing my air filter (I got 7k miles), cleaning throttle bodies and putting Techron in he gas see if it helps...

So after much research my guess its eather sucly Ethanol 10+ gas (around 30 some) that clogs everything up OR BMW problem that a recall has not been issued on yet (not enough complaints to BMW).

READ HERE:

More Ethanol in Gas May Damage Motorcycles - Motorcycle USA
For anyone who is considering an fuel system/injector cleaner/additive, I highly recommend Sea Foam...it's been used for decades in the marine industry and I've used it in everything from old hot rods to fuel injected hi po mustangs with great success.

·
Registered
534 Posts

READ HERE:

More Ethanol in Gas May Damage Motorcycles - Motorcycle USA
BTW Fla. and other states have bills/laws pending to stop the ethanol requirement. They won't be binding as the law is federal EPA but it t least puts pressure on congress to repeal that catastrophe of a law. Contact your state and federal representatives and senators.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, latest update on my bog.... its GONE.

I reverted my mapping to one George Villar's gave me with a ton of dyno time on from a race shop in NYC and plugged the PAIR valve and disconnected the O2's....

And the beast of the east is back with no hesitation.

I smile every time I twist the throttle and hang the wheel through five gears.

Thank you all for your help and postings.

My plan is to figure out what triggered this bog, because I changed a bunch at once.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Anyway i can get that tune please. issam.choukair at gmail thanks

41 - 52 of 52 Posts