BMW S1000RR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
I've had the same issue with my set up when on track. Come out of a turn, full throttle, quick shift, bog....then it's back on power. I can't duplicate the problem but it's happened to me last year and a few times this year. Usually it had been on a certain corner but recently it was a different corner at the same track.

I'm running full exhaust and PCV with stock air filter.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
630 Posts
I've had the same issue with my set up when on track. Come out of a turn, full throttle, quick shift, bog....then it's back on power. I can't duplicate the problem but it's happened to me last year and a few times this year. Usually it had been on a certain corner but recently it was a different corner at the same track.

I'm running full exhaust and PCV with stock air filter.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Is the bog mid shift? I did notice sometimes when the shift lever doesn't fully travel the engine 'coasts' for much longer than usual during the shift.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
I have a quick question, could a new dyno tuning/remapping possibly make my 2012 BMW S1000RR with Taylormade full exhaust and PCV have a soft spot in the 3500 – 6500 RPM range?

But also had both tires replaced at the same time, so I am thinking wheel sensor issue maybe.

It feels like a flat spot or like the clutch/computer isn’t transmitting the power through the to the rear wheel. But the more time I ride it, it is looking more like the computer is cutting out, which leads me to sensors even more.

At first I thought it was wheel slip, but it seems sluggish and cuts in and out based on throttle response on low end rapid acceleration and seems to settle in around 7500 – 8000 rpm if throttle change isn't erratic.

First thing I tried, was to retrieve the custom tune (professional done by a local dyno / race shop) to save it and reload the original Taylormade tuning 12-012-005 to see if that would make it go away if the map was way off.

After all that, no real success getting everything back to what it was before the custom tuning, so I figured I would check the web/blogs.

If anyone could let me know your thoughts, or if you experienced something similar, did the rev limiter software switch in the PCV fix the issue?

I would greatly appreciate any and all help or advice to where I should look.

Wish I left good enough alone now, the bike was an absolute beast before all this.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
I have a quick question, could a new dyno tuning/remapping possibly make my 2012 BMW S1000RR with Taylormade full exhaust and PCV have a soft spot in the 3500 – 6500 RPM range?

But also had both tires replaced at the same time, so I am thinking wheel sensor issue maybe.

It feels like a flat spot or like the clutch/computer isn’t transmitting the power through the to the rear wheel. But the more time I ride it, it is looking more like the computer is cutting out, which leads me to sensors even more.

At first I thought it was wheel slip, but it seems sluggish and cuts in and out based on throttle response on low end rapid acceleration and seems to settle in around 7500 – 8000 rpm if throttle change isn't erratic.

First thing I tried, was to retrieve the custom tune (professional done by a local dyno / race shop) to save it and reload the original Taylormade tuning 12-012-005 to see if that would make it go away if the map was way off.

After all that, no real success getting everything back to what it was before the custom tuning, so I figured I would check the web/blogs.

If anyone could let me know your thoughts, or if you experienced something similar, did the rev limiter software switch in the PCV fix the issue?

I would greatly appreciate any and all help or advice to where I should look.

Wish I left good enough alone now, the bike was an absolute beast before all this.
Did you leave the db killer in ? The first thing I would do is remove it if so. I have seen as much as a 10 horsepower loss in power due to this. Did you remove the o2 sensors? I didn't quite understand your post, did you take your bike to a tuning shop to have it tuned?

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
I had the PCV and taylor made exhaust in for 5-6 months with no issue.

i brought it to have tires installed and dyno mapped to optimize the combination, for it was a 2010-2011 tune, mine is a 2012 and to see if the backfire could be corrected.

The db killer is out, O2's are in.

Unfortunately should have left well enough alone.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Im no expert, but I thought the stock O2s came out when you put the Power commander on unless you were using something like autotune,and you would use the wideband o2 sensor from the autotune and not the stock ones. Good luck!
I had the PCV and taylor made exhaust in for 5-6 months with no issue.

i brought it to have tires installed and dyno mapped to optimize the combination, for it was a 2010-2011 tune, mine is a 2012 and to see if the backfire could be corrected.

The db killer is out, O2's are in.

Unfortunately should have left well enough alone.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
71 Posts
hesitation

I had the same issue and after a lot of headache it turned out to be the secondary fuel module. We zeroed the map and it still did it. took the sfm out of the bike and problem solved. The o2 sensors should be removed if the bike has been dynoed, this will hopefully be the cause.

·
Registered
285 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

what they said

·
Registered
823 Posts
Got Brocks CT Meg full exhaust, PC5 and Brocks Street map. More power everywhere, no bogs, crisper than ever.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
any updates on a fix yet?
Still chasing it and it seems to be getting worse.

I have to verify the O2 sensors and also the PAIR valves, for I honestly don't remember where they both stand.

My email is [email protected]

Thank you one and all.

Sorry its taken a while to respond.

Been consumed with a new machine shop I started if anyone is looking for one off custom parts, we have CNC mills and lathes, getting a wire EDM in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I had a PC5 on my 2011 and had the fueling properly set up on my local Dynojet tuning house, they did a great job but as time went on I also got a hesitation on throttling up, checked all connections etc with no real improvement so removed the PC5 and fitted the HP Race ECU . I had checked all the settings in the PC5 as noted in other members posts on this forum. Whilst the Race ECU was expensive it offers a lot more to me than a PC5

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey Buddy
I am running akra race line shorty .
can u please send me the map would love to try it .
email id : [email protected]

Thanks a lot !
hi guys...
i have an akra shorty with PCV and autotune on my 2010 and i seem to have a flat spot under 3500 4000 rpm...

id love to have that map also ..load it and see how it goes ....
thanks
email: [email protected]

thanks you

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you my MAP. It has been tuned with many hrs. on the dyno. I have sent this map out before and everyone has been very happy with it.

George Villar
hey George, i would love to try your map, i too am in NY Upstate 30mins south of Albany, i might try getting an appointment with shop you posted where yours was originally tuned.

My email is [email protected] , cell is 518-469-0031

would really appreciate the assistance, getting to the point of trading it in on a new HP4 just to get this behind me.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts