BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Vendor
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now you have another option for protecting your BMW should the unthinkable happen; LSL axle sliders add extra insurance for days when everything goes wrong. A perfect complement to their robust frame sliders – both of these items reduce the amount of damage one would normally expect from a sliding type of crash. While they may not look like much, the axle sliders help to prevent the bike’s tires from catching on the pavement which may flip the bike over causing even more damage.

As with everything from LSL, clear instructions are provided and quality of workmanship is top notch. You can get these axle sliders in colors that match LSL frame savers too!

These are not yet available on our website, call TJ at 866.931.6644 ext 817 for fast shipping. If you have any questions, please email us; FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM with BMW LSL AXLE in the subject line and we’ll get back to you right away.

While universal crash pads lay at either end of the axle sliders, all hardware is designed to fit the BMW perfectly.

Spare pads can easily be sourced.

The rear axle slider.

Installation is a simple two-minute operation.

Front axle sliders.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I ordered a set of these less than 2 months back. Yesterday while riding, the rear slider's aluminum stem broke and the slider fell apart. A slider's job is to protect the bike and if that itself shatters to pieces without any reason, then I am not sure how much protection it can offer to the bike.

·
Vendor
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered a set of these less than 2 months back. Yesterday while riding, the rear slider's aluminum stem broke and the slider fell apart. A slider's job is to protect the bike and if that itself shatters to pieces without any reason, then I am not sure how much protection it can offer to the bike.

Send me a PM with your order number and we will work with LSL on a warranty claim for you.

·
Vendor
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@steverin06: where did you see the bad review on the lsl? And also the good on the fastbikes ones thanks !

LSL definitely had some issues with their frame sliders on the S1000RR. They ultimately made a new mounting bracket which solved the problems they were originally having. Wild Pete tested the brackets out with good success as well.

·
Registered
981 Posts
LSL definitely had some issues with their frame sliders on the S1000RR. They ultimately made a new mounting bracket which solved the problems they were originally having. Wild Pete tested the brackets out with good success as well.
LSL owes Wild Pete a test pilot commission for putting those sliders through their paces. I'll bet lots of others besides me were wondering if the new brackets were worthy. Thanks to Wild Pete, I'm breathing a little easier. (Would have preferred your day ended with no crash, though, Pete. Glad you're OK!)

RidersDiscount, Can you PM or post a price on the axle sliders? Thanks.

·
Vendor
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LSL owes Wild Pete a test pilot commission for putting those sliders through their paces. I'll bet lots of others besides me were wondering if the new brackets were worthy. Thanks to Wild Pete, I'm breathing a little easier. (Would have preferred your day ended with no crash, though, Pete. Glad you're OK!)

RidersDiscount, Can you PM or post a price on the axle sliders? Thanks.

Looks like not only did the brackets hold up but it looks like it did the job of protecting the frame and side panels.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Sliding along the tarmac, thinking to myself, this isn't to bad and not as painful as I would have imagined it to be. I did think about those sliders holding up as I watched my bike slide away from me. To my surprise they were still there:eek:. *whew*:cool:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Will it be possible to PM the price for front and rear sliders? Also I still dont have news on my full AKRA exhaust ordered? It has been a week and no news of any shipping or replies to mail?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts