BMW S1000RR Forum banner

S1000RR 2023 Update

46941 Views 379 Replies 65 Participants Last post by  Pipes1021
I had a S1000RR order for 2023 model with 2022 year production but I have recevied a notification from the Motorrad dealer that all second half production for the next year models are canceled due to model update and changes. I was informed that I will be able to receive the motorcycle earliest 2023 Feb-March time frame. Irony is I have already ordered all carbon fibers from Ilmberger that worths 4000 euro. Now I am wondering what to do with the carbon parts since BMW is not announcing what will be changed for 2023 models yet. Meanwhile I am also wondering why they have the 50th years anniversary M1000RR announced which doesn't have major changes from the previous M model.

Most probably they will announce the changes either this July or in November at EICMA but canceling all orders for the second half of the year doesn't make any sense.
Anyone wanna buy carbon parts ? :)
21 - 40 of 380 Posts
You won't get news till EICMA happens in November

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk
Reactions: 1
Don't know how tight lipped BMW normally is with leaking out next model year details. But I had sat down with my sales guy a couple of months ago. He said they've been unusually quiet about what is happening with the 2023 model. He said normally he would see something pertaining to the new model in his internal dealer system. But he said there's zero in there. Not even a place holder for the 2023 RR.
Don't know how tight lipped BMW normally is with leaking out next model year details. But I had sat down with my sales guy a couple of months ago. He said they've been unusually quiet about what is happening with the 2023 model. He said normally he would see something pertaining to the new model in his internal dealer system. But he said there's zero in there. Not even a place holder for the 2023 RR.
the strange thing is that they have presented the new colors and technical updates for all models except for the s1000rr
So guys, could be possible that the s1000rr be discontinued and the 2022 version is the last versión as it happening with other 1000cc supersport bikes? if that is true I'm gonna buy the 2022 version right now even though I can't drive it now haha.

The other question I'm worried about is the normative applied on next versión if finally is continuated, its gonna be still Euro 5? or will be upgraded to Euro 5 Plus? (with heavy sound restrictions), if its the second one it's more interesting buy the 2022 version and don't wait to 2023.

Cheers mates.
So guys, could be possible that the s1000rr be discontinued and the 2022 version is the last versión as it happening with other 1000cc supersport bikes? if that is true I'm gonna buy the 2022 version right now even though I can't drive it now haha.

The other question I'm worried about is the normative applied on next versión if finally is continuated, its gonna be still Euro 5? or will be upgraded to Euro 5 Plus? (with heavy sound restrictions), if its the second one it's more interesting buy the 2022 version and don't wait to 2023.

Cheers mates.
The euro 5 plus in the 2024 for the new model and 2025 for all model to sale.
In theory, a new model in 2023 should come out already approved euro5 plus, it would not make sense to update it again in 2025, too close. So I assume 3 options
1 only package changes and cosmetic update
2 doesn't change anything, not even the colors
3 do not produce them at all and are waiting to launch the new model in 2024 already euro5 plus

For a new model we would already have spy photo, request to brevet ecce ecc
The euro 5 plus in the 2024 for the new model and 2025 for all model to sale.
In theory, a new model in 2023 should come out already approved euro5 plus, it would not make sense to update it again in 2025, too close. So I assume 3 options
1 only package changes and cosmetic update
2 doesn't change anything, not even the colors
3 do not produce them at all and are waiting to launch the new model in 2024 already euro5 plus

For a new model we would already have spy photo, request to brevet ecce ecc
That would be strange, being anniversary year maybe they will do some unexpected upgrade on base s1000rr.

So, do you think the 2023 version which they present this September/October is free of euro5+? If so I will wait until get the licence and will buy it when they launch it.

Cheers mate 👍
Best change from my 2022 compared to my 2020 the plastic bit beneath the windscreen now has polls and bungs to hold on instead of clips
Reactions: 4
Best change from my 2022 compared to my 2020 the plastic bit beneath the windscreen now has polls and bungs to hold on instead of clips
M1000RR started that in 2021 I noticed and it was a very good change.
Reactions: 2
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting

just swapped my plastic dashcover funnily enough
See less See more
I've been browsing around for a 2022 but with some of the replies, seems like it might be worth the wait for a 2023.
2023 ... New badges and USB-C 😉
  • Haha
Hopefully they release with a proper tune for the US
It only gets worse as more climate control is passed in the world we live in. No one cares what performance you expect out of a $23000 sportbike that already will 0-60 pass 90% of cars and trucks.

You are expected to pay another $12000 for the WSBK FIM package from Motorrad if you dont want the restrictions, or people like me that can still get into the 2022 ECUs for that 'proper' tune.
It only gets worse as more climate control is passed in the world we live in. No one cares what performance you expect out of a $23000 sportbike that already will 0-60 pass 90% of cars and trucks.

You are expected to pay another $12000 for the WSBK FIM package from Motorrad if you dont want the restrictions, or people like me that can still get into the 2022 ECUs for that 'proper' tune.
Why all the excuses for BMW gimping American bikes, when Suzuki (others too) have no problem delivering a bike with all the power?

BMW had better get their $hit together and offer a 2023 bike that doesn't need a warranty voiding aftermarket tune to simply make the same power the bike is making everywhere else other than America.
This was ridiculous in 2020, and now it is completely [email protected] pathetic.
Why all the excuses for BMW gimping American bikes, when Suzuki (others too) have no problem delivering a bike with all the power?

BMW had better get their $hit together and offer a 2023 bike that doesn't need a warranty voiding aftermarket tune to simply make the same power the bike is making everywhere else other than America.
This was ridiculous in 2020, and now it is completely [email protected] pathetic.
Well gosh, what a great example of lets cheat the emissions on cars and trucks and see if we can get away with it.

Will We See Dieselgate 2.0? Authorities Raid Suzuki Headquarters Over Diesel Cheating Devices

Suzuki has secured an agreement with Dorna to allow it to quit MotoGP at the end of the 2022 season. Suzuki surprised the MotoGP paddock in May when it announced it would pull out of the series at the end of the 2022, just seven years after it returned to the premier class.
Or the press release from Suzuki

“Suzuki Motor Corporation is, in fact, exploring leaving MotoGP at the end of 2022 and is negotiating with series organizer DORNA on an exit plan. This decision has been made in light of the changing market environment and is part of a strategy to allocate resources to ensure the health and vibrancy of Suzuki’s overall business—particularly in the areas of sustainability, carbon neutrality, and alternative fuel technologies. Like all companies, Suzuki is adjusting to a rapidly changing world."
So, the changing times? Well, dont try to cheat the emissions if you want to get some heat from it.
For what it's worth, my dealer's sales manager, with whom I've dealt for the past decade, just informed me that BMW is cutting production for 2023. Could explain lack of news.
For what it's worth, my dealer's sales manager, with whom I've dealt for the past decade, just informed me that BMW is cutting production for 2023. Could explain lack of news.
Is this dealer an official BMW dealer or just a dealer selling all brand of motorcycles ? Maybe your dealer is tring to sell you a different brand what he has in his inventory already. My official BMW dealer told me that they are expecting the news within September just as usual they say. I was told BMW makes announcements either in July or in within September. If your dealer is an official BMW dealer, I believe it's time for me to request my advanced payment back.
21 - 40 of 380 Posts