BMW S1000RR Forum banner
361 - 380 of 380 Posts
I agree on the levers. I find the basic factory levers to be great. I normally replace the levers with each bike I own. Did it with the my ZX-10R and did it with a 848 I had owned. One thing to consider about the guard is that many report a dramatic decrease in handlebar vibrations. That may be a consideration. I have a set of R&G bar ends with sliders on my bike. They're heavy suckers but they don't totally eliminate the vibrations.
I have RSVs on my ZX and would have put some on the RR, they're $150 each. I can't stand the way the gaurds look so I would buy a stock end or replacement ones, but that's not worth $500. Usually the factory options are a pretty good deal, like the wheel options and the solo seat. Having the rearsets would have be a sweet deal, without them it's an over priced option IMO. I'll find out shortly, but I don't have a good feeling about it.

I have RSVs on my ZX and would have put some on the RR, they're $150 each. I can't stand the way the gaurds look so I would buy a stock end or replacement ones, but that's not worth $500. Usually the factory options are a pretty good deal, like the wheel options and the solo seat. Having the rearsets would have be a sweet deal, without them it's an over priced option IMO. I'll find out shortly, but I don't have a good feeling about it.
I opted not to have mine with the billet package which included all the rearsets along with the levers and guards. Didn't see the value in having all of it when I was primarily interested in just the rearsets. It now seems the M package includes the rearsets. I don't understand why BMW seems to enjoy muddying the waters with all these option variations.

I opted not to have mine with the billet package which included all the rearsets along with the levers and guards. Didn't see the value in having all of it when I was primarily interested in just the rearsets. It now seems the M package includes the rearsets. I don't understand why BMW seems to enjoy muddying the waters with all these option variations.
I feel they actually cleaned it up, finally.

Now all S1000RR colors are foundationally and functionally the same base model, as they should be, meaning I don't have to buy the M Package to get the Li battery, M endurance chain, etc.

The M Package is now a cosmetic upgrade similar to the M package option on BMW cars.

The M bikes are the full blown cosmetic + performance enhancements.

BMW also cleaned up the M car categories...
  • High-Performance M Models, e.g. M2
  • Performance M Models, e.g. M240i xDrive Coupe
  • Electrified-Performance Models, e.g. i4 M50 Grand Coupe
Previously, the Performance M Models were (still are?) the red-headed M step child, with some performance tweaks but people viewed them as standard cars w/the M Performance catalog cosmetics bolted on and "not really a M car" but at least they have a category now. "I" still don't consider them an M car but that's a 30 page thread for a different forum.

I didn't option mine either, as I didn't really care about them, but there's one I can have that'll be here before mine, but it has the $500 option. Which would have been ok but not without the rearsets.

I feel they actually cleaned it up, finally.

Now all S1000RR colors are foundationally and functionally the same base model, as they should be, meaning I don't have to buy the M Package to get the Li battery, M endurance chain, etc.

The M Package is now a cosmetic upgrade similar to the M package option on BMW cars.

The M bikes are the full blown cosmetic + performance enhancements.

BMW also cleaned up the M car categories...
  • High-Performance M Models, e.g. M2
  • Performance M Models, e.g. M240i xDrive Coupe
  • Electrified-Performance Models, e.g. i4 M50 Grand Coupe
Previously, the Performance M Models were (still are?) the red-headed M step child, with some performance tweaks but people viewed them as standard cars w/the M Performance catalog cosmetics bolted on and "not really a M car" but at least they have a category now. "I" still don't consider them an M car but that's a 30 page thread for a different forum.
Just going by how there is confusion on the rearsets and the tail cover where even the dealerships don't seem to know. Other than my 2016 C650 Sport I purchased used, my RR is the most recent new BMW of any type I've purchased recently. My E82 135i was purchased back in 2014. So I don't know how the options have changed. Just know that the options were very straight forward with my E82. The configurator on the Motorrad website doesn't do any favors as to what really constitute options as the prices are not even listed for many of the options.

As far as the M Sport/M Performance models, yeah, I don't consider them M cars. I was doing the M Car Control Clinic one year. One of the instructors asked if any of us owned an M car. A lady among the group raised her hand. She ended up being my partner for the rest of the day sharing our track car. During conversations with our on track coach, she said she has an M235i. I started snickering on the inside.

The package does not come with the rearsets. Levers are $291 each and the gaurd it $242. Not worth it, I'll have to pass on it lol.
Are you 100% sure? When you add the M-Package to the bike in the configurator, the rearsets automatically show up while the hand levers don't. Not that the bmw motorrad website has been the best source of truth but still.

Are you 100% sure? When you add the M-Package to the bike in the configurator, the rearsets automatically show up while the hand levers don't. Not that the bmw motorrad website has been the best source of truth but still.
I've updated my post, my sales guy said that package should come with the black rearsets on the website not the stock ones and not the M package ones. He's gonna blast them and see what happens. The Red one they got in has the billet package but no rearsets.

The package does not come with the rearsets. Levers are $291 each and the gaurd it $242. Edit: Apparently it's supposed to come with the black set on the website, and none are being sent.
I was fully expecting the all MY2023 "factory" installed rear sets to be black.

IMO, I think we are seeing MY2023 w/the <=MY2022 M rear sets b/c they are 11/2022 pre-built M Package bikes and perhaps Gilles hasn't fully ramped up the black one?

It appears this year, they are making the S1000RR more track focused for SBK homologation and why BMW moved from the MUE2 design to the FXR "racing" design.

Personally, I think they should keep using <=MY2022 M rear sets on the M Package bikes b/c it matches the color scheme and the black ones on the red and black bikes, but that will probably confuse the s**t out of everyone.

Thanks to @Cobradaddy for the part numbers...

Gear shift lever is EXTRA! Hopefully, BMW offers this as a kit?

Thanks to @Cobradaddy for the part numbers...

Gear shift lever is EXTRA! Hopefully, the offer this as a kit?

Only $1700 for all :ROFLMAO: Thats nuts

The tech at my dealer has to put a certain amount of miles on the bikes before the dealer can sell them. I was told the bike is super smooth, shifting is smoother, the bike revs better than the old one different than the M. More options in the gauges, more options for on the fly maps, some sort of warning message in the race pro mode is gone, something with connectivity was locked is now unlocked. Tail section is now super easy to remove blinkers without taking a bunch of stuff off, all connectors are under the cowl. I don't have any BMW experience, but sounds like we're all in for a treat.

A detailed and close up comparison of a 22 & 23 in black.

I love this guy for maintenance how-tos, just wish the Russian to English auto-translate worked better.

I have some how-tos on my YouTube channel in English if that helps any. Whenever I do some work I usually film it in detail. If you could subscribe I’d appreciate it! Hopefully it helps you out https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCZSnmcoaJYr4IX_UDN4sCcg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

361 - 380 of 380 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.