BMW S1000RR Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Vesrah pads are the best.
For my money, the vesrahs are the only ones that work consistently, and work from the first time you pull the lever. i.e. SRJL-xx pads.
No worries using them on the street either.

·
8,846 Posts
Obviously there is DS2 that is much better than DS1 as offers linear feeling. And Z04s are identical, it just lasts less.
You have it wrong, DS2 progressive, DS1 is linear feel. It's subjective, cannot say one is better than other.
SBS even allows DS1 one caliper, DS2 on the other to mix feel (common in Moto2).
DS1 for me in both calipers have best feel. I tried them all, go through a set every few events.

Z04 is more expensive, lasts less, produces much more brake dust.

Publication Shelving Recreation Tin Font

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Speaking of brakes, I just found this handy chart (recent). Dunno how accurate it is, I'm guessing these numbers are from the manufacturers, but, here it is:
Brake Fluid Comparison Shopping (lelandwest.com)

Unfortunately I don't see the Motul RBF 700 on there, wish it was so I could compare it to the 660.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts

·
8,846 Posts
^ it's the same price. I'm on latest & greatest. Most vendors won't tell you about 700 because they wanna sell their 660/600 stock.
Race teams sponsored by Motul use 700.

Reactions: ZZZ

·
8,846 Posts
Brembo acquired SBS in 2021, crap, now SBS is gonna be ruined. Prices jacked up. I hate it when big companies acquire small ones.
No competition left.

·
8,846 Posts
Didn't realize that
Yeah, I was talking to some racers about Z04 Vs DS1. Then one said it does not matter, Brembo owns both, race pads will merge at some point, Z04 will go away, DS1 will stay.
SBS was Brembo's main threat as they sold a superior brake pad for less. I'm disappointed, I think Brembo products are overrated. Galespeed & SBS superior products for much less.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts