BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And what brand is it?
I guess BMW buy it from someone so I guess I can buy identical to OEM in lesser price.

·
8,846 Posts
You would be spending $300 with Z04, that price is for one caliper.

I tried many brake pads, on track nothing feels as good as SBS DS1. Z04 comes 2nd.
For street SBS makes RS compound that is great for some track days & street. Affordable.

Reactions: Loomis and mazza

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Z00
I didn't know what is DS and RS so I looked on the internet and found this article
(other people my find it useful too)

So I aim for the RS HH pads for 2021 S1000RR
Can you direct me to a specific pads (or link to site that sale it ?)
If it cost less than the original, maybe I will go for it.

BTW: I like the picture you put :)

Thanks
Mazza

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
On my 2015 with forged wheels (they have 2014 HP4 disks - better than the disks on the cast wheels) I was having some slight fade issues on certain really tight mtn roads. I switched to EBC EPFA brake pads and love them. They don't have the "overbite" initial grabbiness the OEM (organic!) pads had, and with a change to Motul RBF660 racing fluid have cured any of that fade. These are the perfect middle ground between the standard HH pads, and their GPFAX race only pads. I'm sure you can find these pads to fit your bike if you're interested. Best of luck!

EPFA Sintered Fast Street and Trackday Pads - EBC Brakes

·
8,846 Posts
@mazza
I would not get HH. If you mainly ride on the street, some track days, RS will be fine.
DS is meant for racing & top of TD fast groups. RS price is cheaper than OEM.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
@mazza
I would not get HH. If you mainly ride on the street, some track days, RS will be fine.
Do you mean SBS brand HH? I tried SBS HH pads once on my '01 Gixxer1000 and hated them, they didn't stop well and they started to eat the disks. I went back to the EBC HH pads I had always used and never had an issue. I only went with the EBC EPFA pads because I had that issue with the OEM Brembo organic pads. Yes, the EPFA are more expensive, but I like them better than the HH, and since they're not a "track only" pad, you don't have to get heat into them to work.

·
8,846 Posts
Ya I'm talking about SBS brake pads. RS on street is great.
DS1 is in a league of its own for track. EBC GPFAX, Vesrah XX, etc... none even come close. Only Z04 comes 2nd to DS1 IMO.

Reactions: mazza

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Part number of the OEM?
mazza, fyi, you can look up your own part numbers most of the time via any one of a multitude of dealer sites. For instance, go to Shop BMW Motorcycle Parts from BMW Motorcycles of San Francisco in San Francisco, CA. ; select your model range; select your model; select your year; select Brakes (in this case); select front brake wheel (there are two types; make sure you get the one that looks like your bike); scroll down to brake pads and you'll find the part number.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mazza, fyi, you can look up your own part numbers most of the time via any one of a multitude of dealer sites. For instance, go to Shop BMW Motorcycle Parts from BMW Motorcycles of San Francisco in San Francisco, CA. ; select your model range; select your model; select your year; select Brakes (in this case); select front brake wheel (there are two types; make sure you get the one that looks like your bike); scroll down to brake pads and you'll find the part number.
Hi Jerry
Thanks a lot
very usefull site.
I looked there for the OEM brake pads part number and found 34111542307 which is different than the 34118405104 @bennymx gave.
Any hint why ?

Ya I'm talking about SBS brake pads. RS on street is great.
DS1 is in a league of its own for track. EBC GPFAX, Vesrah XX, etc... none even come close. Only Z04 comes 2nd to DS1 IMO.
Thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
You would be spending $300 with Z04, that price is for one caliper.

I tried many brake pads, on track nothing feels as good as SBS DS1. Z04 comes 2nd.
For street SBS makes RS compound that is great for some track days & street. Affordable.
Obviously there is DS2 that is much better than DS1 as offers linear feeling. And Z04s are identical, it just lasts less.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
@mazza
EBC double HH pads are quite good for street use actually. They warm up pretty quick and offer very aggressive initial bite that some like on street.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts