BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here happen to know if the S1000RR 2013 Brembo's fit (without modifications) on the new S1000RR 2020 model?
I still have a spare pair and might use them on the new one (once delivered).

I ordered the (european) version with the forged wheels

·
Vendor
2,628 Posts
Anyone here happen to know if the S1000RR 2013 Brembo's fit (without modifications) on the new S1000RR 2020 model?
I still have a spare pair and might use them on the new one (once delivered).

I ordered the (european) version with the forged wheels
they fit fine, and will function fine.

The brake lines are going to need some slight bend modification because the way the bolt goes into the caliper. You will have to use the 13 caliper line fitting bolts as well so you will need those if you did not keep them when you removed them from the 13.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Because people love the name brembo.
i wonder if the dealership offered 2 options on the build sheet, with statistics showing the hayes performed 10% better, or you could get the brembo and 10% less braking performance (just making up a hypothetical number).... how many people would still choose the brembo just to have the name on the caliper?

although a legit reason could be that he just likes the "feel" of the brembo more... you know how some brake setups are more progressive, some have hard initial bite, etc etc... but i think that has more to do with the MC and ratios and pads, rather than the caliper itself, right? a resident brake expert can let us know.

would be interesting to take the 13 calipers on a 2020 and do some back to back testing (stopping distance, fade, etc) with the hayes to see which actually performs better on the same bike.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i wonder if the dealership offered 2 options on the build sheet, with statistics showing the hayes performed 10% better, or you could get the brembo and 10% less braking performance (just making up a hypothetical number).... how many people would still choose the brembo just to have the name on the caliper?

although a legit reason could be that he just likes the "feel" of the brembo more... you know how some brake setups are more progressive, some have hard initial bite, etc etc... but i think that has more to do with the MC and ratios and pads, rather than the caliper itself, right? a resident brake expert can let us know.

would be interesting to take the 13 calipers on a 2020 and do some back to back testing (stopping distance, fade, etc) with the hayes to see which actually performs better on the same bike.
It‘s not about the calipers being better or worse. It’s about finding the brake pads.
Same with suspensions, K-Tec is better than Ohlins but Ohlins has the support.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why???? I would bet that the newer calipers that come with the bike would out-perform them.
I tested the new s1000RR on track and had the brake-lever against the clip-on after 3 laps. They lack the endurance of the Brembo’s I have on my 2013, and I also did’t like the initial bite. I guess they are ok for street use, but if I already run into problems when testing the bike, what will they do if I start pushing harder.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
If the brake lever is against the clip on you have other issues.
Curious to know what these other issues might be then?
And before you say it's probably 'the pilot' ... I do know how to handle a bike.
My regular laptime on the same track I tested the 2020 is about 4 seconds faster.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I tested the new s1000RR on track and had the brake-lever against the clip-on after 3 laps. They lack the endurance of the Brembo’s I have on my 2013, and I also did’t like the initial bite. I guess they are ok for street use, but if I already run into problems when testing the bike, what will they do if I start pushing harder.
That's total bollocks and I suggest you visit your dealer to check your brakes.

OE brakes on 2020 model are superb, no issues running at 1:54 tempo at Jerez last 4 days.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts