BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I changed the tyre and now QS is not working for 3rd and 4th gear. Took it to the dealership and scanner showed suspension and gearshift adjustment errors so removed that but still shows some volt and adjustment gear problem like it has too many electronical limits set.. Can I use an after market QS for it? Does that work regardless of any adjustments electronics.?

·
Vendor
4,006 Posts
no you cannot use just any QS device on a BMW. That is a CAN BUS base module on the 15 and newer.

You did not mention if adaptations were reset. that is the first thing that should have been done.

Also the transmission position sensor can be bad and not show a fault code. Issue can be like you indicate a non working QS in just some gears.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for the reply. Stuck with the problem been a week. So I will explain the whole situation .

It's Brentuned Stage 2. The Quickshifter was working fine until I changed tyres and mechanic did some chain adjustments as well..

Quickshifter locks/doesnt work on high rpm's in 3rd 4th and now on even low rpm's.. The dealership did some kind of reset but not sure if adaptations were reset is it the same as Quickshifter reset?

It was giving suspension and quickshifter lever error which was removed.. It is asking for software update as well but i didnt go for it will it remove brentune mapping?

Finally the latest diagnose was that 2.20 V was showing where as min limit was 2.50 V and up for gear settings... That's what the mechanic showed me and said it needs to be in limit over 2.5 V to work.. so might have to check gear adjustments and qs adjustment manually..

So he will work on it but if you can help me out here more I will be really grateful.. Thank you Sir.

·
Vendor
4,006 Posts
Sorry, you have way too many problem parameters to help remotely over the internet. you will need a GS911 and work this issue yourself.

Another try of IF its the problem.. put the stock tune back in and see if the QS works fine. well, if the stock tune works you have direction on the issue and its not hardware.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you double check that the microswitch mechanism located on the clutch lever assembly, is being actuated correctly? You’ve mentioned that you have aftermarket levers and a common issue is not relocating the plastic arm from the stock clutch lever to the aftermarket one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts