BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The problems really wont stop with my 2015 S1000RR race bike .

I first raced the bike with only the Akra evo line exhaust all electronics etc stock my first outing at Assen I got 261km/h gps top speed in sport mode .

the next races I didn't got high top speed because of rain ( Assen !)

Mid season I got the rck3 calabrition kit installed at the dealer , also installed a bmw data logger and the 2D expansion box with suspension sensors and lambda .

Result after all this was I only got 247km/h gps top speed at Slick mode a freaking 2005 firblade passed me at the straight .

also I go arround 3 seconds a lap faster now so it isn't that I'm driving slower :(

Other problem is that something is pully my battery empty after each outing I need to hook the bike up to the charger otherwise after 1hour standing still ignition off the battery is dead .

When I full charge it and take it out the bike it keeps fully charged so battery isn't broken .

·
Super Moderator
6,425 Posts
Sounds like maybe with all that messing around perhaps the dealer unplugged the regulator/rectifier? Or did they disable it with the RCK2? The battery is not getting charged.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also when I get in with the bike after a practice or race the battery got enough V to start the bike right after I stopped but after 45min its dead

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the bike is pulling 5hp more over the complete line on the dyno over stock and afr are pretty good only had to put is littl bit leaner on fuel .

its giving little more than 14V on idle already so its getting power from the alternator

·
4,590 Posts
Something is up with your bike. I was talking to service manager at my dealership. He mentioned a bike with a similar issue to yours. Have you checked your coils and fuel injectors?

I'm assuming you have triple checked your battery terminals and battery itself. Ensure you don't have any fancy electronics connected to bike to eliminate any external variables.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
changed the battery with new one and no help
did the dealer found the problem ?

I had a look at my sparks and they all look good and sam color so injectors and coils are good I think , any othr way to test them with my R1 I could go in th dash and let everything work to test , dont know if it possible with the bmw

·
4,590 Posts
It was one of fuel injector cutting in higher RPMs. Dealership had BMW remotely debug the problem and electronically test each fuel injector.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sir

Your bike obviously has issues that may or may not be related. I would start with what you know, and be methodical in your investigation instead of throwing parts at it.

Since you know your bike is charging, i would first of all hook up a multimeter and measure amps and pull the fuses one by one to se if you can pinpoint where the current is drawn from.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sir

Your bike obviously has issues that may or may not be related. I would start with what you know, and be methodical in your investigation instead of throwing parts at it.

Since you know your bike is charging, i would first of all hook up a multimeter and measure amps and pull the fuses one by one to se if you can pinpoint where the current is drawn from.
will try it when I get bike back from the dealer , it had over 50 fault codes on it most of them were 9v codes

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the bike back and the dealer didn’t found the problem for the battery pulling empty , there is now again a new bmw battery in and when the ignition switch os off it pulles 0.4A power all the time

·
Registered
142 Posts
Good. While measuring amps start pulling one fuse and reinsert, then move to the next one and see if you can figure out where the current is drawn.
It is not always possible to find the issue this way, but the easiest start

·
Registered
166 Posts
The problems really wont stop with my 2015 S1000RR race bike .

I first raced the bike with only the Akra evo line exhaust all electronics etc stock my first outing at Assen I got 261km/h gps top speed in sport mode .

the next races I didn't got high top speed because of rain ( Assen !)

Mid season I got the rck3 calabrition kit installed at the dealer , also installed a bmw data logger and the 2D expansion box with suspension sensors and lambda .

Result after all this was I only got 247km/h gps top speed at Slick mode a freaking 2005 firblade passed me at the straight .

also I go arround 3 seconds a lap faster now so it isn't that I'm driving slower :(

Other problem is that something is pully my battery empty after each outing I need to hook the bike up to the charger otherwise after 1hour standing still ignition off the battery is dead .

When I full charge it and take it out the bike it keeps fully charged so battery isn't broken .
I was doing 162 down the back straight at COTA on my 2015. Bike seemed slow. Someone on here told me to reset the adaptations in the RCK3. 3 weeks later I was doing 170 on the back straight and the bike seemed considerably faster. Seems if you change the exhaust, air filter and so on you are suppose to do a rest and let the bike re learn all the new gear.

·
Super Moderator
6,341 Posts
I was doing 162 down the back straight at COTA on my 2015. Bike seemed slow. Someone on here told me to reset the adaptations in the RCK3. 3 weeks later I was doing 170 on the back straight and the bike seemed considerably faster. Seems if you change the exhaust, air filter and so on you are suppose to do a rest and let the bike re learn all the new gear.
Yep reset adaptations is a standard procedure when doing all of that.

In addition, Pull the pug for the dash and check for current draw. The sleep function may not be working correctly in one of the control units.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I found the problem its the hp race datalogger thats pulling the battery .
when its plugged I get a current of 0.07Amp and when I unplu it its 0 amp also its the same when I pulle little fuse 4 in the fuse box its a 4Amp fuse also

·
4,590 Posts
Yep reset adaptations is a standard procedure when doing all of that.

In addition, Pull the pug for the dash and check for current draw. The sleep function may not be working correctly in one of the control units.
Which gs911, which adaptations to reset? engine, fuel, etc... there are a bunch of them, I don't wanna go around resetting everything.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts