BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last week I bought a crashed S1000R, and decided I am going to bring it back to life! Muahahahaha! I love working on bikes, and I love the process of restoring something, maybe even more than the finished product.
Below I've got some photos of the bike when I got it, and when I started to tear it apart to see the damage and what needs to be replaced. Of course I always try to calculate the price of how much it would cost to take up such an endeavour, and somewhat keep to a boundary I set up for myself. I've scavenged for parts and thanks to some members on this forum and across other platforms was able to acquire almost everything that I needed. I'm only missing small pieces that are a.) are not important at the moment or b.) are a bitch to find.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So got some parts and got to put the bike back together with all the necessities for it to be road worthy. I calculated how much it would cost to replace all the broken parts if I was to buy them from the dealer and the price came out to be a whooping $8787! Thankfully 2nd hand parts are readily available, and I was able to save more then $7k on parts. Now I understand why insurance agents do a total loss on a bike that's technically not total loss. Incredible!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm doing the same! A riding buddy crashed his 16 R premium. Totalled with a repair cost of over 15k. I bought it for 1,300 and currently have it in near mint condition for a little over 3,500 including the price of the bike. All OE parts!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts