BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share my experience with getting an RPM carbon full belly pan. The carbon quality is decent, strong carbon but since I got the regular carbon look and not weave I can tell you that the look is subpar. To be honest I feel like I got what I paid for in regards to look and it sucks.

Customer service was not great and it took days if not a week for them to get back to me even after sending a comm multiple times. The worst was the fitment, I had to do a lot of my own alterations and the hole pattern was so horrible and so hard to get on that I just gave up.

In all this is really a situation where my loss is your gain and if I can help save you guys money then I will. Can’t speak to the other parts but the full belly pan is complete garbage.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Just wanted to share my experience with getting an RPM carbon full belly pan. The carbon quality is decent, strong carbon but since I got the regular carbon look and not weave I can tell you that the look is subpar. To be honest I feel like I got what I paid for in regards to look and it sucks.

Customer service was not great and it took days if not a week for them to get back to me even after sending a comm multiple times. The worst was the fitment, I had to do a lot of my own alterations and the hole pattern was so horrible and so hard to get on that I just gave up.

In all this is really a situation where my loss is your gain and if I can help save you guys money then I will. Can’t speak to the other parts but the full belly pan is complete garbage.
Can you post pictures of it? The China plastic frame finisher ( abs injection molded ZXMT brand) I got was a twill weave gloss and looks pretty good. Fitment was perfect. I’m getting the lower belly pan ( not full, stock size) in the same twill weave gloss and pictures looked good but it’s gonna be a few weeks before I get it. I’ll give a review then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
That sucks man, I was thinking of ordering from them, definitely not going to now. I heard some other stories of their parts not lining up correctly. Would like to see a pic of what you got from them.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Rpm is $550 plus shipping right? Such a small difference. Should have just gone with lmberger or fullsix. Anyways, good lesson learned.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Out of curiousity.. why did you not opt for the FullSix underbelly?
I chose to go with the plain carbon look, not weave, and matte style. This was not an option on some sites and even more expensive in some cases.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

This first set shows the alternated cover I believe. If you look at the top of the belly pan you can see how the edge goes inward. I had to cut away that whole edge and part of the belly pan just to fit it adjacent of the cover.

This second shows how they expect the arm which comes down from the seat are to sit on the pan. The problem is that because that edge sits inward it also pushes against that arm piece which makes it impossible to sit flush against the the bike. The first pic shows what I had to cut away.

After speaking with them I was told I had to use longer body bolts and that it doesn’t sit flush against the bike. However none of that was stated on their site I also told them there would a lot of rattling which I was not down for and that I needed functionality and not looks.

Anyway, maybe one day I may try to put it back on or build a bunny hutch out of it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear you’re not liking it, I myself ordered the full lower, required some manipulation, but overall I’m pretty happy with it, looks pretty good.. customer service with them has been really good, I had a incident where my bike tipped over on trailer, damaged one of the pieces of the belly, and they shipped me new ones free of charge.. contact them on Facebook , that’s how I speak to them, and usually they answer within a few hours .. best of luck..

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn, sorry to hear you’re not liking it, I myself ordered the full lower, required some manipulation, but overall I’m pretty happy with it, looks pretty good..
Mine was a custom order that was matte, so who knows. They’re aware and said I should use longer bolts where the arm meets the pan, did you have to use a longer bolt? Did you get the belly pan to sit flush against bike in that area or does it stick out?

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Update on the belly pan from RPM. They are* try to conclude if it was a badly made piece and are willing to send me a new one. Customer service is better now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts