BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Vendor
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@GhostxSn1per and @Pipes1021 and @madewithrealtornados and @Michael0074 and @Anyone Else interested !

So lets do this. Road race it out on a race track.

This is man and machine K46 / K67 S1000RR at the road race track. I have both, so I can bring both bikes.

Anyone can go fast in a straight line, lets put some curves in there.

I hope we have credentials to ride in Level Advanced, or Level Expert, Level whatever they call go fast and past any where inside and outside. RideSmart in Texas calls it Level 3.

Be nice if we all have GPS lap timer or HP DataLogger. I have both. We will analyze corner speed as much as off corner to brake for the speed trap number and times.

Now here is another idea for you guys. I can rent MSRC Texas MotorSport Ranch ( Cresson TEXAS ) ... I can rent this track on a Monday to Thursday . 8 people is best, and up to 25. If you cannot do a Monday to Thursday I can arrange enough track members to cover your entry on a motorcycle lapping day.
Directions Ohio City to Motorsport Ranch

·
Administrator
6,700 Posts
We can't come south for a while yet. Talk is the restriction may not be removed until the end of July. So even if it was Grattan it would be too far for us. But go ahead, would like to see the data.

·
Vendor
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not realize the border was closed to vacation travel still. I was hoping your track day at Florida was a go sometime soon.

·
Vendor
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
(06/27/20) BARBER MOTORSPORTS PARK TRACK TIME
I will watch the weather to tuesday and see what the long range forecast is.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Now this sounds fun. I’ll be at Eagles Canyon this weekend and most likely COTA on the 5th. Let me know what you come up with.

·
Vendor
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am a member of STT. Lets watch the weather on the 10 day forecast and hopefully something positive can happen.

@Gixxerguy855 are you riding member or doing the track day deal with dugger? I had no idea today was Motorcycle Monday at ECR. I would have went to that.

COTA - nice 3:16 day I see. Garage space included in price.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am a member of STT. Lets watch the weather on the 10 day forecast and hopefully something positive can happen.

@Gixxerguy855 are you riding member or doing the track day deal with dugger? I had no idea today was Motorcycle Monday at ECR. I would have went to that.

COTA - nice 3:16 day I see. Garage space included in price.
riding with Dugger to get the rust off a bit. I’ve been debating doing the membership, but the upfront seems a bit steep.

haven’t rode Cresson yet, so that will be a fun change. I’ll only run the 1.7 though.

·
Vendor
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Gixxerguy855 you do not want to do the 1.3 on a liter bike. I have, and it is not much fun. Its alot of work. I did a .58 back in the GSXR days and that was a workout. The 1.7 ccw is offered on mondays and even this month. I plan to be there unless I go to Barber. Usually CW is only offered when CMRA is going there that same month. CW however is not near as flowing as CCW.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Just got back on the saddle this year. In 2016 I was at intermediate level almost ready to advance to the next level but getting rear ended and my bike getting total ended that. I'm afraid I'd be at the beginner level if I got on track but If I was able to I'd still go down there. I'm not ashamed or embarrassed starting at beginner again but It would be cool to hang out and learn from you guys. I'm sure I'd be back to intermediate pretty quickly. I've ridden on the streets with a few forum members but we don't have streets out here in CT like some of you have. Our back roads are also full of blind turns, animal crossings, potholes, gravel, cars, bicycles, joggers, people walking their dogs on a 15 foot leash and the dog is walking in the middle of the road, etc.
Hope you guys have fun. It'd be cool to see video footage if you guys record any of it.

·
Vendor
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any chance you can make it to Barber Motorsports Park next weekend?!

I'll be there!
Barber long range forecast is really not looking good. Rain several days around the 27th and 28th.

June 29th is RideSmart at Cresson Texas if anyone can make that Monday date.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Aughhhhhh!
it will be fine. Leeds is a special place. The rain just goes right around it and hits Birmingham instead lol

Just got back on the saddle this year. In 2016 I was at intermediate level almost ready to advance to the next level but getting rear ended and my bike getting total ended that. I'm afraid I'd be at the beginner level if I got on track but If I was able to I'd still go down there. I'm not ashamed or embarrassed starting at beginner again but It would be cool to hang out and learn from you guys. I'm sure I'd be back to intermediate pretty quickly. I've ridden on the streets with a few forum members but we don't have streets out here in CT like some of you have. Our back roads are also full of blind turns, animal crossings, potholes, gravel, cars, bicycles, joggers, people walking their dogs on a 15 foot leash and the dog is walking in the middle of the road, etc.
Hope you guys have fun. It'd be cool to see video footage if you guys record any of it.
don’t be shy to start out in novice! You can always bump back up.
Come out and play, you’ll have fun regardless

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
it will be fine. Leeds is a special place. The rain just goes right around it and hits Birmingham instead lol

don’t be shy to start out in novice! You can always bump back up.
Come out and play, you’ll have fun regardless
I would If I could. It's the timing and funds right now. I live in CT. Don't have a truck or sprinter van so I'd have to rent a Uhaul, stay in a motel that would let me bring the bike into the room which means it would be a cheap motel. The list of excuses goes on.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I would If I could. It's the timing and funds right now. I live in CT. Don't have a truck or sprinter van so I'd have to rent a Uhaul, stay in a motel that would let me bring the bike into the room which means it would be a cheap motel. The list of excuses goes on.
you can leave your bike at Barber next to mine!

·
Vendor
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rain forecast has got alot better for Barber.

Reactions: cjc

·
Registered
55 Posts
Damn its work,work,work, until EOQ.. Ater I'm up at Grattan on 7/4 &7/5 then after im down at NCM on 7/11 & 7/12... Anybody going to tracks near that area after my track dates... I'd be down to link up!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts