BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

Just got the race cal 3 kit working, as to reading articles it came with maps build into the 2105 ecu are false, it is not like Ducati. You start from scratch unless I am wrong, please correct me if so . With that being said is there any way of removing the 185 limit on the speedo? Also has anyone had success with the is application? Would like to hear. I was able to get a map from Germany through their support a lot is changed fuel int ride and enabled. If any one wants it PM me. I loaded it, don't forget to delete adaptive settings its a check box. Save your org config btw first With GPS and stock tires it went 197 speedo showed 185. Would like that fixed if anyone with know how besides a flash please advise. Oh unless u bring the engine in pieces Germany will honor your warranty its not up to the dealer ask for home office verification Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Guys

Also has anyone had success with the is application?

I was able to get a map from Germany through their support a lot is changed fuel int ride and enabled.

If any one wants it PM me.

I loaded it, don't forget to delete adaptive settings its a check box.

Save your org config btw first With GPS and stock tires it went 197 speedo showed 185.

Cheers
Can you help an old guy understand this new English?
5 statements above,

1-What is an "is application"?

2-What does this mean "fuel int ride and enabled"?

3-What are you offering that would interest someone to PM you for it, and is it free? If not, you need to post a price, forum rules.

4&5-Completely lost on these two, was this at an official timing event?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is app slang one and only the others int fuel etc ignition fuel ride all suspension settings. What I was trying to say is you have access and can change these tables. The start from scratch business I was saying was these tables are set with the same number values either a 0 or 1 and its not enabled so the ecu does the thinking and its in the stock mode no performance enhancements. One cool function it does is remove adaptive settings. if you add a pipe filter block off plates the ecu has already learned the stock values so it will not learn you added the new hardware it will run better but the ecu will not adjust any settings as much as some would make u believe. when you check this setting it will learn your new hardware. You will notice a difference!
Also not all flashes have this addressed so no learning as u drive what u get u get. I was given a map already modified by the factory with more or less an aki pipe a high flow filter and block off plates from a power kit enabled ecu. It gave me a good start to play with it. There is a setting under the dtc tab called wheelie control strongly suggest to at least go med don't leave this unchecked the default is off and u will flip the bike I almost did with a throttle stab. Its free to anyone who wants it. Without it u will not know what to change if you have this kit. Just trying to help out the lads. Vince

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Doesn't the RCK3 software require a hardware interface? I don't have it, but thought there was a small box that the laptop plugged into, then to the bike. So what is the point in giving away the software?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Black attack, Yes the software starts blank

I would be interested in seeing the map they sent you, I'm custom dyno mapped already but out of curiosity. Would you email the file?

I like wheelie control medium minus

I moved launch control down to 7000k and I have had better results with that than 9k

I also reduced engine braking a cross the board

No way to remove the 186 speedo display

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Black attack, Yes the software starts blank

I would be interested in seeing the map they sent you, I'm custom dyno mapped already but out of curiosity. Would you email the file?

I like wheelie control medium minus

I moved launch control down to 7000k and I have had better results with that than 9k

I also reduced engine braking a cross the board

No way to remove the 186 speedo display
Would that make more sense if the rest of us were familiar with the software?

Is that a fine control setting Medium and a further setting of Minus?

Side note, did you get your suit dried out for today, and are you regretting driving all the way to Illinois, at this point?

Prayers for Sun, or at least less rain and warmer temps today.
:laugh::wink2:0:)

·
Registered
305 Posts
#5150 pops Wheelie control goes from: off, minimum,medium minus, medium, medium plus, lots(these are from top of my head)

Wore my back up suit yesterday in the rain, it's still dripping, gloves and boots are still soaked, wearing my second helmet today so at lease the body and head are dry.

Little warmer today so far track is drying, but still ran GTO on rains, couple of close calls but stayed up and was running about 4 seconds off the pace of the leaders. I know where I need to grow a set, but a couple of the corners are still giving me fits!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sure KRZ NP Assume u have a similar setup. Mine is Aki pipe without etching supplied with sticker lol BMC filter and block off plates Wish I could do more? Heard moving temp sensor not on top of the Mill is wise but who knows.. Get to it later 4 u didn't check PM's but email added would help. Send me yours the one u have had Dyno-ed I would love to c the diff also. Vince

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
When a friend of mine installed the RCK I we dyno it and the AFR was rich, especially in mid range (12.0 or so). It needs to be tuned with dyno and even better on the road. I personally tune my bike on the road with a datalogger. I include a photo of the logging...

I made channels of 13.2 and 13.6 AFR correction %. It is, in my opinion, the best way to tune the bike...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
is app slang one and only the others int fuel etc ignition fuel ride all suspension settings. What I was trying to say is you have access and can change these tables. The start from scratch business I was saying was these tables are set with the same number values either a 0 or 1 and its not enabled so the ecu does the thinking and its in the stock mode no performance enhancements. One cool function it does is remove adaptive settings. if you add a pipe filter block off plates the ecu has already learned the stock values so it will not learn you added the new hardware it will run better but the ecu will not adjust any settings as much as some would make u believe. when you check this setting it will learn your new hardware. You will notice a difference!
Also not all flashes have this addressed so no learning as u drive what u get u get. I was given a map already modified by the factory with more or less an aki pipe a high flow filter and block off plates from a power kit enabled ecu. It gave me a good start to play with it. There is a setting under the dtc tab called wheelie control strongly suggest to at least go med don't leave this unchecked the default is off and u will flip the bike I almost did with a throttle stab. Its free to anyone who wants it. Without it u will not know what to change if you have this kit. Just trying to help out the lads. Vince
So, let's sort things out here:
- if you have the RCK2/3 software and/or the raceECU as hardware piece (pre 2014) or as unlock code only (15+) then you got an internal ECU map which is optimized for better air filter and full exhaust system-as long as you don't have a modified engine we got all the same map!!! Like you can imagine there exists a master software of BMW if you add cams, pistons or doing some headwork which isn't RCK2/3 only, that's what the BMW dealer puts as map on the ECU and has nothing to do with the RCK2/3 capabilities of ignition/injection we can use with the software. The ECU map isn't blank, acitvate all tables and you see the base settings for DTC, ABS, DDC - sure injection/ignition table is 1=100%=OEM since that the state of you stock engine plus filter plus full systyem of Akra or Arrow without custom tune!!!
- Nevertheless you should put your bike on a dyno and let the operator adjust the injection table accordingly (mixture correction factors) in the RCK2 software which should gives you around 200rwhp depending on fuel/bike/dyno and country. Then you got factors from 0.9 up to 1.1 or so in that table.
- alphaRacing Germany is offering a 299km/h unlock of your display but I assume the logic sits in the display unit only
- If you enable the raceECU features the ECU will ignore both O2 sensors, the SLS/PAIR valve thing and also the fuel knock sensor can go: all these 3 items can be removed as well as the exhaust valve thing but it's only for full race exhaust anyway. Then there is no injection auto-adjustment anymore or tyre radius adaptation therefore you put in dedicated values. It isn't a "street" legal noise and emission approved bike anymore :wink2: But nobody cares 0:)
- If you enable in each mode or tab the corresponding tables you get the default values from the ECU which you can adjust accordingly. I highly recommend to read the RCK2 manual (there is no dedicated for RCK3) and to understand 100% what they are trying to explain there before you make any changes. Always go from a lot intervention to less so you don't drop your bike. You can actually buy these map especially for race slick tyres to get the DTC and preControl setting better but they are costing money ($400 or so) and nobody gives them away for free and for test purpose only. Reselling would be an issue since you actually don't know how much you like them.

Hope that helps a little bit :nerd:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts