BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Video not accessible. I think they'll take it down everywhere...for his family's sake.

·
8,313 Posts
RIP Jason. Highsides cause most injuries. If it were not for the bike landing on him he would have been ok.

·
Registered
316 Posts
He got run over by another rider smh, terrible, just terrible. My condolences to his family.

Reactions: ZZZ

·
Premium Member
4,358 Posts
Video not accessible. I think they'll take it down everywhere...for his family's sake.
The video you linked was pulled due to an infringment of copyright.

It is available elewhere, as others have mentioned.

·
8,313 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,358 Posts
Impossible to find a video now, cancel culture cancelled this incident like it didn't happen
It remains available on a number of sites, although taken down on some as an infringement of copyright owned by Dorna (exclusive commercial and TV rights holder for the race).

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
It remains available on a number of sites, although taken down on some as an infringement of copyright owned by Dorna (exclusive commercial and TV rights holder for the race).
Not to be morbid, but for a purely technical interest in the accident and at looking at ways to increase safety it would be nice to have another camera angle to see how he was hit. Was it in the chest (perhaps add internal chest protectors like the MX guys have?) or did he get hit in the head by a front wheel? The only angle I saw was from the front and obscured by several bike. You can't see but can guess what happened.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have no desire to watch someone die. Glad they pulled the video.
Nor do I.

Instead of watching the video (if you can find it and have the need), spare a thought for the kind of weight Ayumu Sasaki will carry the rest of his life. He finished 4th in the race, during which Jason Depasquier's death became known. Imagine the blow to his psyche when, shortly after the race, he learned of it. It was his bike that struck Depasquier in Q2, through no fault of his own.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts