BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My close friend Ahmed was involved in a bike accident yesterday night.

R.I.P. my good friend, going to miss a lot brother.

Please don't ride if u feel tired or haven't slept enough, this could cost you your life.

·
Registered
829 Posts
RIP.

sorry for your loss, and thank you for the safety reminder.

Be safe everyone, and have fun.

·
4,587 Posts
May Ahmed rest in peace.

Any details on what happened? Cause of accident, etc...?

·
Registered
311 Posts
thats very true what the op bahrain said“dont ride if you feel tired or havent slept enough” happened to me last week..after a 14hr day work i met my freinds for some drinks..the 20min ride back home felt an eternity..the tiredness made filtering through traffik huge work..i also clipped a car's mirror which nearly lost my balance..glad i made it back home in one piece..RIP AHMED

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
May Ahmed rest in peace.

Any details on what happened? Cause of accident, etc...?
First, thank u all for your condolences.

The accident happened at 2:30 at night while he was returning back home from other friend house.

There is a new flyover bridge being constructed on the main long highway and they made a very tight zigzag in the middle of the road to facilitate the construction of such a bridge.

Friends whom arrived at the scene of the accident after it happened shortly, said that the area before the road diversion was dark as no post lights or any visible warning signs was on, so it was believed that Ahmed being tired didn't notice that so he hit straight the barriers at the beginning of the zigzag and was thrown off the motorcycle to hit more concrete barriers ahead.

Ahmed was working two long shifts daily for 5 days and barely sleeps enough, that's why i believe tiredness is the main reason for this accident as even if he was speeding he could've braked hard enough before the place of the diversion. One of my friends told us that Ahmed told him that his eye site wasn't that perfect at night.

·
Registered
311 Posts
i only had 3or4 drinks so they havent played a major role on my tiredeness..the lack of sleep was the more contributing factor in my tiredness..i should have went straight to sleep after 14hrs work and not for drinks..i was 17hrs without sleep when i rode my bike back home after i met my freinds

1 - 18 of 18 Posts