BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny...during the whole COVID thing, I've had time to read a lot of books, including biographies of historical figures and contemporary people. I've also re-read a book I've had on my shelf for a while, called "Riding Man", by Mark Gardiner.

If following the experiences of a track day rider who had dreams of riding in the Isle of Man TT (and then doing it) has any appeal for you, I recommend the book. It really gets into the nitty-gritty of getting all the way to IOM and qualifying, and into the mind of Gardiner as he does it.

And if that gets your interest, there's always "That Near-Death Thing", by Rick Broadbent.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any movie version? I just can't bring myself to read a book unless it's an installation/service manual
Try it...you might like it. Reading is good for developing critical thinking skills.

Yes, there is a movie (One Man's Island), but it's a pale reflection of the book.

Or skip the whole thing. Read the US Constitution instead...see if you can figure out how to fix the country! It's the ultimate "service manual" for a democracy. (Uh-oh...was that "political"?).

o_O

1 - 3 of 3 Posts