BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have very limited experience with most things sport bike related, so when I saw the Austin Racing GP3 (I'll call this side discharge for the sake of discussion) I loved the look and bought it straight away. However, I'm finding that the location of the discharge (right hip) causes my right ear to take a beating on long rides. I've found that I have avoided longer rides because of it. I'd like to change discharge location, but I'm a bit concerned that AR's other offerings (shorty cans) will not be a significant improvement in this regard.

Can someone with experience with a wide range of exhaust styles comment on the difference? I think I've had about all I can take of this side discharge.

Thank you!

·
8,410 Posts
First, rear discharge sounds dirty but fun.
Second, wear ear plugs, your problem is solved. GP3 is on louder side, see if it has a baffle, or get a quieter exhaust.

Reactions: A B

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
260 Posts
I have the SC project shorty carbon can. Took it off because it's too loud. I need to sell it. I went back to the stock can on my 2021. It's very quiet...to me... at WOT on the track or elsewhere it's loud but it's behind me loud not in my face loud. I wear earplugs and even with ear plugs and previous hearing damage from my other walks of life the shorty cans are too loud. I have headers and no cat so the volume is way up. With a cat and stock headers the shorty can was still very loud.

I've thought about extending the male portion of the headers and relocate the shorty but that's more of a pipe dream. Lol

·
Registered
2016 S1000RR
118 Posts
As said above, ear plugs are a great solution. I recommend the brand eargasm, I own a pair and they are comfortable and functional. They also don’t hinder your hearing to the point of it being a hazard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts