BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Resume building the 2020 S1000RR?

9K views 70 replies 22 participants last post by  ZukeiSkai 
#1 ·
Can anybody find out if BMW have resumed building our bikes? I know production was stopped at the 15th of May but haven't seen any news of production resuming. Thanks.

#30 ·
There is a stop sale on all 2020 RRs produced pre june. Many of parts for oil cooler recall won't be available till Dec.
New production is still in limp mode, only few units are being produced. Looks like BMW is trying to find any other possible issues.

Jan is expected date for post summer production. Just had this confirmed with a dealership.

#54 ·
But that means in practical terms that owners over there should (or must) not ride their bikes till then?

Oil spilling from the cooler while riding can be serious or what is the message that comes from bmw over there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#58 ·
There are dozens of 2020 RRs in the use of track schools like Racing School Europe and California Superbike school. They didn't have any oil coolers coming apart yet and have thousands of track miles on each bike. It's gonna be fine.

#70 ·
The STOP SALE notice is suspended in the AIR system on only a few VIN. Those who were waiting on the dealers to release the 2020 should now be able to check with them and maybe complete the transactions.

2020 K67 ///M Programmed XWORKS ECU by me
2018 K46 RCK3 / HP Power Kit'ed ECU by me
2017 K46 RCK3 / HP Power Kit'ed ECU by me
2015 K46 RCK3 / HP Power Kit'ed ECU by me
2014 K46 RCK2 / HP Power Kit'ed ECU by me
Thanks to MotoMillion.com for the support and selling my programming
PM me for any tech support and feature details on XWORKS ECU's

EXWERKS Flash Tuning Programming
BMSK BMSX BMSMP BMSO BMW S1000RR S1000R ECU Reprogramming
HandHeld Tune/Flash tool information:pM me for now-website coming 2020
Email:pM for now-website coming 2020
Phone:pM for mobile text or voice
Programming RCK2 RCK3 HP Power Kit 2010-2019 K46
Programming 2019/20 K67 EXWERKS BMWAG flash
Programming Marriage ECU Cluster EWS
Lost Keys Service 2005-2020 BMW Motorrad
Master ASE with L1
Certified Master GM Tech

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.