BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody find out if BMW have resumed building our bikes? I know production was stopped at the 15th of May but haven't seen any news of production resuming. Thanks.

·
Vendor
2,638 Posts
Can anybody find out if BMW have resumed building our bikes? I know production was stopped at the 15th of May but haven't seen any news of production resuming. Thanks.
Most of Europe is on vacation until August sometime depending on when they started.

The last status build I saw was July 10th, but I have not looked in several days now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The dealership in my area (Charlotte, NC.) says they will have some more units in or around September... Glad mine is in the garage.lol

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Just curious if anyone has received a 2020 lately?

My dealer is calling upstream about status but doesn't show an allocation in his inventory system.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I got a message from my dealer in Illinois that my 2020 was at the dealership. But they are waiting on some oil cooler issue? Some kinda recall?

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Glad yours is here. My dealer tells me he is to learn about his November allocation later this week. I guess November is the earliest I could see mine. Stupid winter.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Glad yours is here. My dealer tells me he is to learn about his November allocation later this week. I guess November is the earliest I could see mine. Stupid winter.
I made a reservation mid June, my dealer says I'm the next one on the list, does anyone have any idea when theirs is coming I'm in California. So mine might come a week after the east coast gets theirs?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Apparently my dealer will be allocated a bike or two in December and thinks it will be 60-90 days after that before they arrive. Hopefully before next track season! (I put down a deposit in early April so in theory almost a year may have passed.)

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
I don't know for sure but I think it depends on allocation of bikes to your dealer. My dealer apparently is not being allocated more bikes until December "for the next production run" and guesses the bikes would show up 60 to 90 days from the allocation date - late winter or early spring.

·
Registered
62 Posts
What dealer is that. My dealer has told me now the end of the month, but I don't really believe them because they told me the end of September. I heard from someone that there is a sale stop on the bikes and they have them in storage somewhere in PA. Anyone can confirm this?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Production IS RUNNING FOR RR’s
If your dealers don’t get one is because the importer is not giving them one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah, I know they are producing bikes, but no dealers are allocating them. Even with all the productions my dealer has not received 1 yet. Maybe they are trying to get all the Europe countries first before the USA?

·
4,669 Posts
Spoke to two dealers. One has an M available now. The other said no RRs before end of Dec.
BMW seems to intentionally limit production to keep demand high, and they still have some supplier issues to work out. Don't know which is causing what.

Either way bikes from updated production plant have a production date of Sept or after.

·
4,669 Posts
Dealership is in Charlotte, NC.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts