BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i am going to replace my Abs pressure modulator ,( its not working properly )

I have another ABS pressure modulator from ebay removed same year bike , after installation does it need any coding or somthing ? Or just install break lines and thats it ?

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
8,116 Posts
You will need to bleed the whole system once you install it. This involves purging the pump and you will need a GS911 to do it. You will have a vin mismatch for this control unit but it should not cause any issues. Also if it is a newer RR with ABS pro there is a possibility the ABS coding version will be wrong inside the control unit which will log a fault. Just make sure you bleed it and that your brake lights are working correctly as the brake pressure status is used for mode changes.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much , i abs pro version , i also have GS911, Esys for coding and Ista + for connection to the bike , just i am thinking how to code it properly

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
8,116 Posts
No coding needed. Just plug it in. Use GS911 and brake bleeder to bleed system. Done. Should be no issues. Make sure brake lights work correctly.

·
Registered
434 Posts
i eliminated mine. It went straight in the rubbish container. The lines that go inside the chassis I used industrial cutters.

·
8,410 Posts
i eliminated mine. It went straight in the rubbish container. The lines that go inside the chassis I used industrial cutters.
On K67, but you plugged the ABS pump? Cut lines to pump, went direct to calipers front and rear?

·
Registered
434 Posts
On K67, but you plugged the ABS pump? Cut lines to pump, went direct to calipers front and rear?
i removed the pump and left the electronics using the alpha racing cover plate. My lines go directly from master to calipers. I've probably have shaved off a sand bag off the bike.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I replaced pump , old pump part number was different vs new one but both was S1000rr abs pro pumps ,

After replace pump, abs and cruise control was not working, it was writing 480B2F (coding error) . So i had to used Esys for reprograming and now it works cool

1 - 10 of 10 Posts