BMW S1000RR Forum banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Good news. Got the tensioner recall done this morning. Bad news....I now have to get the oil/water pump replaced. While waiting for the dealership to open up, I went over to my bike to see how far it has cooled down. Then I saw the infamous small puddle underneath the bike right where the weep hole is in the oil pan. Yep. Coolant leak.

·
Registered
320 Posts
No. You shouldn't have to do a thing. The time I spent at the dealership was mostly due to the tech looking into the coolant leak, looking up all the parts necessary to do the repair, and filing the warranty claim. I had no idea he had already performed the recall which when I went back to check on the bike was about 15 to 30 minutes after seeing him pushing the bike into the service bay. So I suspect it was done more on the 15 minute side. The big thing about doing this recall is to have a cold engine which is why I arrived at the dealership before they opened so the bike could cool off.

·
Registered
2021 S1000RR Black
336 Posts
^ Was there a recall notice on file for your bike when the dealer accessed the records for it? If so did they clear it? You may want to be sure they update that if there is a problem especially if they didn't mark the new tensioner with the yellow paint to denote its the one without the problematic spring.

·
Registered
320 Posts
When I set up the appointment about the tensioner, they looked up my VIN in their system and verified my bike is under the recall. What didn't show up in the system is the service bulletin for the radiator/oil cooler guards with the push pin spacers. That's because I installed them myself.

So I don't know if I would have received any notice about the recall had it not been for this forum making me aware of it. When I pick up my bike after the water/oil pump gets replaced, I'll ask them about this because it's concerning that there are those of us that have received notice and I have not.

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
9,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Mine was complete yesterday. However, they couldn’t give the bike back yet because they had to do some “software updates“ - anyone have a sense of what that means or have had these updates themselves?
There hasn't been any software updates released as part of a recall or campaign as far as im aware. Not sure why they feel that something is required.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Folks, I tried searching but to no avail.

Gonna be sending my back to the dealer for this recall soon. Does this require the engine head to be opened? Does the bike need a oil change or a software update? I hope someone can shed some light on these questions.

·
Vendor
4,860 Posts
Mine was complete yesterday. However, they couldn’t give the bike back yet because they had to do some “software updates“ - anyone have a sense of what that means or have had these updates themselves?
Be sure to get a detailed work order report when you pay and let us know what it indicates was done.

The only software forced updates was the Nissin Brake calipers and perhaps something was missed in this process if you had to have that done in the past. They will look for VO FA KK67 if your bike falls under that recall.

·
Registered
21’ S1000RR Hockenheim Silver
71 Posts
Be sure to get a detailed work order report when you pay and let us know what it indicates was done.

The only software forced updates was the Nissin Brake calipers and perhaps something was missed in this process if you have to have that done in the past. They will look for VO FA KK67 if your bike falls under that recall.
I sure will, and I’ll post it here

61 - 80 of 86 Posts