BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE to be a part of August's Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2021 S1000RR Black
305 Posts
There used to be a link I'm sure for just internal BMW service bulletins such as the one for adding a spacer between the oil radiator and BMW radiator guard. You can see reference to it on a BMW site in US but it seems to be replaced with a message saying to contact your dealer. I believe this link is still available in EUR but when I tried that one it just gave me an error message of some sort and said to return to previous page.

This link is helpful for owner's to keep track of what is open for their bike. Wish it was put back up.

·
Registered
791 Posts
For anyone that has got this done I’m assuming no software update was needed since it’s mechanical correct? Just replace and mark with yellow paint. I’m scheduled for this Friday to have the work done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
257 Posts
Just called my dealer and yep, my bike is affected. Was told it can be a while you wait service as they have one hour indicated for the labor time to do the job. So that tells me they don't touch the electronics.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Mine was updated by dealer when bike taken in for new clutch cable (which snapped during normal riding).
That’s definitely a first hearing about the clutch cable snapping. I got mine done today. It’s a 10 minute job tops. The long part is they just wait for the bike to cool down. No yellow dot was put on mine though. Did yours have the yellow dot and exactly when was it done? I looked at the old part in the bike and the new part and they basically looked identical. I believe the new tensioner had a different part number on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 S1000RR Black
305 Posts
I asked if it had the yellow dot and didn't really get an answer but I wasn't talking to the technician so they probably didn't know TBF. They said they did it since there was a recall order and they had the part not because of anything I asked for so I guess it was done correctly. They also said several other customer's bikes were done as well. It was done on 8/4/2022.

I mentioned the clutch cable since that was unexpected as I hadn't heard of that either. It snapped not at the lever (which was common on s1000r bikes) but at the engine. Luckily the dealer had the part in stock. They seem to be good at stocking parts which I definitely appreciate.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
I'll add my bike to the list of recalled ones. Took it into a dealer to install an exhaust and saw the wrap sheet stating they "updated cam chain tensioner as per bulletin" Part # 11-31-5-A65-7F5

·
Registered
51 Posts
Recall Lookup Use this lookup

I get

Brand : MOTORRAD
Model : S 1000 RR
There is an open technical enhancement on this vehicle. Please go here to book an online appointment for your vehicle selecting "service as required" or contact your local retailer here for more information. Enhancement codes INFO773190, 0011500000.

·
Registered
2021 S1000RR Black
305 Posts
Recall Lookup Use this lookup

I get

Brand : MOTORRAD
Model : S 1000 RR
There is an open technical enhancement on this vehicle. Please go here to book an online appointment for your vehicle selecting "service as required" or contact your local retailer here for more information. Enhancement codes INFO773190, 0011500000.
Well it seems I need to use Chrome (not safari) for this link to work on my computer but at least it worked!! Good news is I have no open recall items for my bike

21 - 37 of 37 Posts