BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
This really came out well, if I had you're color scheme I'd do that for sure
I agree, on that particular scheme, getting rid of the 'RR's looks great. Now, if you could maybe get the big 'RR's in black for that bike.....though I'd still prefer none if that was mine. On the black/silver paint, I think taking the 'RR's off classes it up a bit.

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
I typically prefer fewer decals, but understand why people like them. I am enjoying this discussion.

While I prefer the decals to be under clear coat, BMW's decision to put them on over the paint is great for those who want to remove them.

The RR decals on my bike remain, but cannot be seen. They are covered by TechSpec tank pads. :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
I like my small red RR's on fairing .... people walk up to bike and ask what it is , what engine size it is and is amazed on how small & compact it is afterwards and never knew BMW made a superbike like this.

Big RR's is for the newer models and if i had a 2017+ I'll keep them on but each to their own and colours used or replaced with.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
If you had removed the RR decals, did you by chance save them? I might want them if they're in one piece to trace and make different colored decals for the track bike :D
Even if they were in one piece, I'm sure they're at least stretched beyond usability.....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
If you had removed the RR decals, did you by chance save them? I might want them if they're in one piece to trace and make different colored decals for the track bike :D
I'll be removing mine this weekend. I'll see what kind of shape they are in and update you.

Also got an akrapovic gp slip on, graves fender eliminator, and pit bull spools... All that combined with getting my break in rev limiter removed saturday morning should make for a fun holiday :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I took off the RRs, but left the smaller s1000 for now. The RRs came off surprisingly easy and left no adhesive or residue. I just wiped it off with some quick detailer after and it looked great. The decals themselves did stretch a bit pulling them off though. I don't think anyone could take them off and maintain their original shape for replication purposes. You'd need to buy a set of new ones and copy those I think.

Before and after attached.
Amazing how much different it looks with just the decals removed; muffler looks smaller and the tail cleaner.
Also started revving past 8k rpms. I thought stickers are supposed to make bikes faster, not slower?

Attachments

21 - 40 of 44 Posts