BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my Sprint filter from https://www.facebook.com/streetrocketsva/?fref=ts

anybody in the vicinity I'd recommend you stop by. never know what you might like.

all I've done is take some pictures of the filter. I have no real complaints from my visual inspection. anybody can nit pick anything, we all look for perfection sometimes.

will chime back when I have installed it and ridden it around. I dont have a GS911 to reset anything, so i guess ill just leave the battery disconnected for 10+ minutes. Filter seems very "flexible" not a stiff frame surrounding it. Its hard to describe, the body of the filter seems to be made of some shiny, flexible, durable rubber. thats just the feel in my hands.

Attachments

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it was kind of a pain in the a$$ to get the filter "assembly" out. and of course didnt see those zip ties holding down the ecu. after all that and disconnecting the battery to let things reset, I took it out for a ride and I could def feel a difference after 9-10K rpm. @z00 :grin2:. either way it could be because my stock filter had 12k miles on it or also that the P08 is good at improving performance.

I have the RACEFIT slipon and now the sprint filter next up is the pcV and a dyno tune session. after all that itll be time for 520 chain and sprockets. Ill be happy with the gains the bike will have made with that. If i can get 190hp down to the wheels im happy!

·
4,587 Posts
If you have GS 911, reset your your adaptations to experience the real powa :grin2:

Also, do IAT relocation mod if you have not before resetting adaptations. You will thank me. Past 160mph bike pulls much better.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wish i had a GS. at the moment I dont. To much to buy and not enough funds to get it all NOW! Ill probably have that dyno tune done before i even get a GS911

·
Registered
413 Posts
If you have GS 911, reset your your adaptations to experience the real powa :grin2:

Also, do IAT relocation mod if you have not before resetting adaptations. You will thank me. Past 160mph bike pulls much better.

Are u talking Throttle adaptions?

·
4,587 Posts
Throttle and engine adaptations. Forget exactly options names from gs911 UI.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hello all ^^

Question:
When I install mine I didn't disconnect the battery. I just put the filter and i been ridding.
well I don't have GS911 ( don't have idea what is GS911) should i disconnect the battery and re-connect for reset?

please advise

Thank you
Steve

·
4,587 Posts
Disconnecting the battery is not going to reset your adaptations. Gs911 is a tool to connect to the bike to interface with ECU.

You don't have to reset the adaptations, but it will be a good idea. Especially if you did IAT relocation mod.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts