BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found rearsets for this bike that aren't from the BMW dealer...I don't want to pay $500 a side for rear sets. Which was 2.3x the cost of my attacks on my RR.

·
4,605 Posts
Many threads on the topic. Attacks are great and they're under $540 for both sides. TJ at Ridersdicsount can hook you up. Get them with alum heel guards, not carbon as they crack.

·
4,605 Posts
My bad, get a RR then :wink2:

You might have some luck checking Chinese and Italian rearset manufacturers.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
If you want the BMW rear sets you might try a place that a few of us have had good experiences ordering from. You will save about 50% on cost, you just need to have some patience with the language barrier and time for shipping:
https://www.kfm-motorraeder.de

·
Super Moderator
6,469 Posts
OK - have not tried it yet myself, but I've seen more than one XR with 2010-14 RR rearsets installed. All that is necessary to adapt is to make a spacer for the lower securing bolt (to the frame). I've purchased a set of Vortex rearsets to try this out, really wanting the GP shift. I may eventually go to Attacks, but for the street they may be just a bit too grippy. Give me a couple of months and I will know for sure if this works.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK - have not tried it yet myself, but I've seen more than one XR with 2010-14 RR rearsets installed. All that is necessary to adapt is to make a spacer for the lower securing bolt (to the frame). I've purchased a set of Vortex rearsets to try this out, really wanting the GP shift. I may eventually go to Attacks, but for the street they may be just a bit too grippy. Give me a couple of months and I will know for sure if this works.

@skapan did you ever figure this out?

·
Super Moderator
6,469 Posts
Not yet. I've been busy on other projects, for my XR I've fitted a locking GPS cradle using GS parts and all my friends with RRs seem to want help with their stuff. I think putting the rearsets on the XR might be a bigger job than I thought if I want to keep the center stand. Somehow I think it might be easier to live with the regular shift pattern, at least I have for close to 3 years now. If I do manage to get at it I will remember to report back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts