BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello on 2018 RR i replaced pads with oem but i have same issue like old ones had, in all modes , abs is on or off does not metter while i am pushing brake pedal slowly , at fist time it goes fully and its soft , if i will use brake bedal very fast then its statrting abs , but after first push if i will stop pushing and then again push its now seems good and its not going fully down ? I mean

While fist attempt of rear brake pedal slowly it goes fully down and it looks very soft and for another try its good like iron :) what would be the reason ? I had used GS911 bleed also manual bleeeing quit well bit its same ,

·
Administrator
7,107 Posts
Bleed it at the banjo first, then the caliper. And if you've never changed the fluid you may want to consider that too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I replaced fluid and pads together, i almost bleed 10 time of full fluid reservior how there will be still air bubles ? Wat you mean banjo the caliper ? On rear there is 1 banjo bolt on the caliper is there somthi g more for bleeding on rr ? I am thinking about rotor mabe its not straight and while it spins pada are going very far from rotor and thata why first attempt is soft ? Before pada will goes agai to rotor ?

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
are you using the stock rear reservoir? I found with some aftermarket ones its hard to make sure its filled to the top while bleeding if it doesn't have a window.

·
Vendor
3,682 Posts
Hello on 2018 RR i replaced pads with oem but i have same issue like old ones had, in all modes , abs is on or off does not metter while i am pushing brake pedal slowly , at fist time it goes fully and its soft , if i will use brake bedal very fast then its statrting abs , but after first push if i will stop pushing and then again push its now seems good and its not going fully down ? I mean

While fist attempt of rear brake pedal slowly it goes fully down and it looks very soft and for another try its good like iron :) what would be the reason ? I had used GS911 bleed also manual bleeeing quit well bit its same ,
Its frustrating. I have seen this issue on a friends bike that he bleed and bleed.

when others are telling you to crack the banjo bolts, this includes the banjo at the master cylinder, the ABS pump times 2, and the rear caliper. you are chasing air. It hangs on the lining of brake lines. The Gs911 cycles the ABS pump to get the trapped air from inside of it. It does not help in getting the air attached to brake lines and even the inside of the calipers out.

I bleed, ride , bleed. Riding gets the air moving along.

·
Administrator
7,790 Posts
BMW actually released a measure on it years ago called Rear Brake soft pressure point. Was basically just bleed the rear brake and cycle the pump etc. I remember having to bleed the rear brakes on the Ducati Multistrada and Diavel due to their quite long brake line that also went up and down in its routing. Made them a PITA to bleed. Had to take the caliper off and put it up vertical and bleed upwards. Also cracking ABS pump fittings and pissing fluid every where. Then give it a good clean. Italians for ya.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So there is some air which is going up and down ye? And my version about not straight brake disc is not possible ? Mabe then i can buy vacum pump for breaks ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I changed mc from friends bike and problem solved , so its Master cylinders fault , is it possible to repair or if i buy used one is there differens betwin model of rr with year ?+

1 - 9 of 9 Posts