BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I know I need to buy the RCK3 Interface (the blue box) AND have my ECU enabled with a code to start deep tuning.

I know I can read/delete fault codes with RCK3 on an code-enabled ECU.

Do you know whether I can read/delete fault codes w/ RCK3 on a NOT-enabled ECU?

My riding group has 3 S1000RRs. One of them is a 2019. Wonder whether I can use RCK3 like a shop computer.

Tks,

Edmund

·
Administrator
6,761 Posts
If RCK is enabled, yes you can share the blue box. It's two steps, the HP unlock code, then RCK enable. Both of these are tied to the VIN, the cables are not. We use each other's cables all the time.

·
Vendor
2,833 Posts
Hi guys,

I know I need to buy the RCK3 Interface (the blue box) AND have my ECU enabled with a code to start deep tuning.

I know I can read/delete fault codes with RCK3 on an code-enabled ECU.

Do you know whether I can read/delete fault codes w/ RCK3 on a NOT-enabled ECU?

My riding group has 3 S1000RRs. One of them is a 2019. Wonder whether I can use RCK3 like a shop computer.

Tks,

Edmund
The way the VCI MDI box works is that it is programmed to read the RCK3 or the HP power kit race enable signature coding. There by it will only connect with an ECU that is enabled by one or both code sequence on K46.

The STOCK ECU will not connect to the RCK software on the K46.

When you say one of them is a 2019, that can be K46 or K67 based on your country. EURO 2019 is K67. USA 2019 is K46.

BMWAG decided that on the K67 STOCK ECU you can connect with the VCI MDI box and RCK PRO. You can only reset and read codes. There was rumor an update was coming to allow reset adaptations to the stock ECU K67 also. I have not tested a stock K67 since March and I know there was an RCK PRO update since then, and that update may now allow reset of adaptations on K67.

If you need any help with the RCK software ot VCI MDI interface, I keep them all in stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts