BMW S1000RR Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well, in that case you could start with default RCK (rain)mapS and rain-mode. That should be absolutely sucker-proof.

AND; Copy the same GripLevel (1.25), LeanAngleDTCon(25) and SlipCorr-map(see txt file) settings to all modes(1-4); rain, sport, race, slick; in the wet RCK settings file.

If you find rain-mode way too restrictive, just change to sport mode. Then you have all the same maps/settings, and the only difference is those hidden algorithms. And if sport is too restrictive, change to race-mode. And race -> slick if still too restricted.

And if you need a custom wet rck settings, then you need to provide a wet session data log.

Did you lost the front before or after apex?
On brakes or off brakes?
On line or off line?
Think what I will do is load the standard rain map on the bike in rain conditions and see what happens. I will gather some data and then discuss this again. With the last race, I switched the bike over to rain mode and was riding with the map that was on the bike. I have no idea what was changed, so the chances that it was wrong is good.

On the first lap, I lost the front off the brakes before the apex, off the gas on racing line. Obviously that is what I think as I dont have data for that. So I will get back to this when it rains again.

Thanx for the suggestions tho

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Think what I will do is load the standard rain map on the bike in rain conditions and see what happens. I will gather some data and then discuss this again. With the last race, I switched the bike over to rain mode and was riding with the map that was on the bike. I have no idea what was changed, so the chances that it was wrong is good.

On the first lap, I lost the front off the brakes before the apex, off the gas on racing line. Obviously that is what I think as I dont have data for that. So I will get back to this when it rains again.

Thanx for the suggestions tho
"load the standard rain map on the bike in rain conditions"
Do you mean default RCK settings file (which has all the default maps)?
Or only default RCK SlipCorr1 -map (and all other maps stays the same/ current maps)?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
only default RCK SlipCorr1 -map (and all other maps stays the same/ current maps)?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
only default RCK SlipCorr1 -map (and all other maps stays the same/ current maps)?
Last time when you were riding on wet track, did you have the same TrqControl and TrqIncrease -maps as you have now in ecu?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Tricky question...

If let's say in 30 degree lean angle we have a 1% difference in speed between tires due to higher profile, in the DTC Slip Cor map what do I multiple with 1%...the speed (25,60,100...) and add it in the box or the value that is already in the box of the older tire? I check the BMW instructions and there is an example of 1% increase but I do not understand how they came with the results.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
If let's say in 30 degree lean angle we have a 1% difference in speed between tires due to higher profile, in the DTC Slip Cor map what do I multiple with 1%...the speed (25,60,100...) and add it in the box or the value that is already in the box of the older tire? I check the BMW instructions and there is an example of 1% increase but I do not understand how they came with the results.
Click first cell, press Shift, click last cell, then right click and select "Add offset" "1"(.000%), "Ok". Done.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Click first cell, press Shift, click last cell, then right click and select "Add offset" "1"(.000%), "Ok". Done.

Are you sure? In the manual they add 1% and the results are not the same as adding 1 in the offset. By adding 1 offset you add 1km . I think that the SlipCor is in km and not %.
Below is the manual's 1% correction which also is not a multiplication of 1.01=1%
I am a bit confused...

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Are you sure? In the manual they add 1% and the results are not the same as adding 1 in the offset. By adding 1 offset you add 1km . I think that the SlipCor is in km and not %.
Below is the manual's 1% correction which also is not a multiplication of 1.01=1%
I am a bit confused...
RCK help pdf file is inconsistent and full of small errors.

"For example, if you want 1 % more slip with a SlipCor Mod characteristic map than with the preceding map, add 1 % of the value of the speed interpolation point to the original value to each value in the line (for all heel angles)."

That is correct, but the images related to that chapter are not.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
RCK help pdf file is inconsistent and full of small errors.

"For example, if you want 1 % more slip with a SlipCor Mod characteristic map than with the preceding map, add 1 % of the value of the speed interpolation point to the original value to each value in the line (for all heel angles)."

That is correct, but the images related to that chapter are not.
Also in the graphics it states km/h...
Sorry for asking again and again, but you understand that too many things are in stake...

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I will try what you said. It is just really difficult to believe they did such a big mistake in those critical sections of the manual/software...Thank you for your precious time.
I agree, it is really sad. But I am not suprised.
Previously I was working with sw RnD, in a company which was a leader in global scale.
There was a simple rule, when sw had a certain ("low") amount of errors (even bad ones), it was sold to consumers.
It was simple math: What was the lowest quality which could be succesfully sold to consumers.
After that only some of the biggest errors (found by users) were fixed, and a sw update was released.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts