BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Unfortunately, accidents happen. As riders, we know how important it is to wear all the gear all the time. When riders wear airbag protection that is reliable and easy to use, it offers life-saving protection and peace of mind. HELITE is the fastest deploying mechanical system on the market at 80 milliseconds in a vest that weighs less than four pounds. No neck brace or chest protector to get in the way. Come try it out for yourself this Sunday 2/22 at Sonoma Raceway. You can rent a HELITE Airbag vest for the day, or try out an airbag deployment for yourself! It is going to be a beautiful weekend. Ride safe!

Also, check out our latest video on how to reload your HELITE vest after use!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xvWe3HnBOio

Nichole Starkey
Helite Moto USA Personal Motorcycle Airbag Systems

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
Thanks, personally I like seeing other companies get in on this concept. Gives us consumers leverage.

·
Vendor
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, personally I like seeing other companies get in on this concept. Gives us consumers leverage.
Yes, I agree. I think it's a harder sell when there is no other product to compare it to. Now, with the upcoming release of the electronic systems, riders can weigh the pros and cons of all airbag protection and decide which one will be the best for their level of convenience and budget.

Nichole

·
Registered
53 Posts
The concept is interesting, I'd like to see some information about how these stand up to abrasion. And do they promote rolling when inflated? Are there any pics of crash damaged ones? it would be helpful to see some real world experience with them. I agree with the comments about the benefit of having options.

·
Vendor
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
HELITE Airbag Wear

The concept is interesting, I'd like to see some information about how these stand up to abrasion. And do they promote rolling when inflated? Are there any pics of crash damaged ones? it would be helpful to see some real world experience with them. I agree with the comments about the benefit of having options.
We recently had a Helite rider go down on the track at a fairly high speed. The video of his crash is here. Also below are pictures of the vest after the crash on the track.

The HELITE Airnest vest is made of a 600D strength Cordura. The airbag bladder underneath is made of a very strong rubber. When the airbag deploys, its rigid but soft so when in a slide there is not a singular point that is wearing through for the airbag to puncture. The vest does not promote rolling. The Cordura is made to slide like a conventional textile jacket. Helite USA will also repair or replace any damaged vest for a small fee. I hope this answers your question.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
I purchased a vest at the BMWMOA rally last year as it not only protects the front and back due to the air chambers, BUT the air chambers hold the head steady so you do not flex your head which would cause neck damage. I spend this amount on a good helmet, why would I not spend this amount on something that will protect my spinal cord. Try it out and you will see how well the system works.

·
Vendor
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I purchased a vest at the BMWMOA rally last year as it not only protects the front and back due to the air chambers, BUT the air chambers hold the head steady so you do not flex your head which would cause neck damage. I spend this amount on a good helmet, why would I not spend this amount on something that will protect my spinal cord. Try it out and you will see how well the system works.
Thank you for the Helite praise. Informing riders that there is affordable, and reliable life-saving airbag protection available - that is simple to use - is our biggest hurdle.

Here is our latest video about How to reload a Helite airbag vest

1 - 11 of 11 Posts