BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents (and ladies)- I have a 2010 S1Krr and busted the radiator tabs in a race crash... in looking to replace the radiator with a used unit, the 2015-2018 model year radiator looks to be identical to the 2010-2012 unit when cross comparing across a number of pictures; are they interchangeable?!? Yes, the OEM part number is different, but that is not always a confirmation that it won't fit.

I know I'm not the first person to break these tabs (and I already tried to fix them to no avail) so perhaps one of you has already tried what I'm considering.

Thanks!

·
Vendor
2,174 Posts
Gents (and ladies)- I have a 2010 S1Krr and busted the radiator tabs in a race crash... in looking to replace the radiator with a used unit, the 2015-2018 model year radiator looks to be identical to the 2010-2012 unit when cross comparing across a number of pictures; are they interchangeable?!? Yes, the OEM part number is different, but that is not always a confirmation that it won't fit.

I know I'm not the first person to break these tabs (and I already tried to fix them to no avail) so perhaps one of you has already tried what I'm considering.

Thanks!

there is a slight frame change in the 12-14, and then the 15-19 K46. I have no clue if it affects the mounting points on the radiator. Its in the steering and rake.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks- I am aware of the frame changes, but mounting points look identical... as does the entire rest of the radiator!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts