Why are people still using RCK?
What exactly would you recommend to control the ability to >

Change fueling and timing - tuneable up to 8-12 HP with supporting mods
Change launch control settings
Change the DDC suspension - tuneable by 30 sectors on the racetrack
Change the pit limiter speed
Change the DTC beyond most people's understanding of settings
Change the QS response

and I few other things once HP Power Kit is incorporated with it.

RCK should be offered as a TRACK DAY option also without voiding warranty. Tune everything but fueling and timing. For some reason it puts the bike beyond street use in BMW thoughts however.

·
Banned
146 Posts
What exactly would you recommend to control the ability to >

Change fueling and timing - tuneable up to 8-12 HP with supporting mods
Change launch control settings
Change the DDC suspension - tuneable by 30 sectors on the racetrack
Change the pit limiter speed
Change the DTC beyond most people's understanding of settings
Change the QS response

and I few other things once HP Power Kit is incorporated with it.

RCK should be offered as a TRACK DAY option also without voiding warranty. Tune everything but fueling and timing. For some reason it puts the bike beyond street use in BMW thoughts however.
Fueling is only adjustable to +-20%, ignition is adjustable to +-7*. If you have an exhaust, 20% isn't enough and the resolution is very bad. Irnie Marcel made a video and even stated that his RCK bike needed a PCV to make more power for fuel adjustability.

Launch control is very basic and only dependent on mph. You can't set launch torque limits or throttle limits.

DDC does have a lot of options and that's where RCK shines. How many people are actually pushing their bikes that hard at the track? Maybe .01% and you need extensive suspension knowledge to setup correctly. Even if the tire size is wrong, you go down.

Pit speed limiter is adjustable by RPM but only needed for serious racing. This can be changed with other software as well.

The DDC and DTC both need to be adjusted by someone who REALLY knows bikes. Not just some Joe Blow at the side of the track hoping to get his knee down.

Response but the quick shifter is only adjustable for "dead time". There's no adjustability for torque ramp-in, soft limits, etc.

For the price of RCK, I just don't see it unless you have a SERIOUS track dedicated bike and that would only be for suspension and traction settings. Even the ABS section of the software is extremely basic. For the serious guy, they need to run with with other software to get the power up on the bike.

·
Registered
754 Posts
There's quite a few ways. I just don't like how limiting the RCK software is.

I wasn't going to say anything about brentuning. Just speak to the fact of RCK's limitations and inflated cost.
Care to elaborate ?

I'm just one of those average Joe's who wants to get knee down due to some magic settings.

I also didnt want to sped a fortune on RCK/HP PowerKit, but I want to have ability to turn off ABS, program different tire size and play with launch control.

As an intermediate step I bought Rapidbike race...not sure it was the wisest idea ever, but i'm just beginning...

·
Banned
146 Posts
Care to elaborate ?

I'm just one of those average Joe's who wants to get knee down due to some magic settings.

I also didnt want to sped a fortune on RCK/HP PowerKit, but I want to have ability to turn off ABS, program different tire size and play with launch control.

As an intermediate step I bought Rapidbike race...not sure it was the wisest idea ever, but i'm just beginning...
RCK is a great option if you'd like to alter ABS, DDC, TC settings on the fly, at the track. My V4, for example, will actually do that all through the cluster and it's pretty crazy. Options for the S1000RR that I would pick for a best overall package is Brentuning. You can dictate to them what exactly you're doing at the track and they can input perameters to get you faster. Not just faster straight line, they alter over 100 different perameters and has BMW race team calibrations. Rapid is straight line stuff, Alpha uses RCK, PCV is just altering fuel, MAX is just timing and fuel with no changes to soft limits. If you aren't concerned with power and want to go faster. Get some good aftermarket suspension, dial it in THEN worry about power, abs, shift dead time, engine braking, etc.

·
Registered
754 Posts
RCK is a great option if you'd like to alter ABS, DDC, TC settings on the fly, at the track. My V4, for example, will actually do that all through the cluster and it's pretty crazy. Options for the S1000RR that I would pick for a best overall package is Brentuning. You can dictate to them what exactly you're doing at the track and they can input perameters to get you faster. Not just faster straight line, they alter over 100 different perameters and has BMW race team calibrations. Rapid is straight line stuff, Alpha uses RCK, PCV is just altering fuel, MAX is just timing and fuel with no changes to soft limits. If you aren't concerned with power and want to go faster. Get some good aftermarket suspension, dial it in THEN worry about power, abs, shift dead time, engine braking, etc.
When I asked Brentuning whether I will be able to set different tire width, they said it's not supported.

·
Banned
146 Posts
When I asked Brentuning whether I will be able to set different tire width, they said it's not supported.
Not sure who you spoke with but Bren told me directly that he could set it.

·
Registered
754 Posts
With Chris.

although take it with a grain of salt, I'm a newbie Joe, new customer, prolly least profitable, so maybe he didnt care much to understand my question.
But it is what I asked him.

·
Banned
146 Posts
With Chris.

although take it with a grain of salt, I'm a newbie Joe, new customer, prolly least profitable, so maybe he didnt care much to understand my question.
But it is what I asked him.
Probably just miscommunication. If he didn’t care about any customers, they probably wouldn’t be in business.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts