BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
We are ordering a Race Power Kit plus the RCK3 for '15/'16 bikes. My dealer seemed to suggest that to get the RCK3, you first had to purchase/enable RCK2, which seemed wrong.

My thought is we just need:
- Race Power Kit unlock: 13 61 8 522 450
- RCK3 (K46/12): 77 53 8 546 642
- Enabling code for RCK3: 13 61 8 542 056

Can anyone verify?

·
Registered
127 Posts
We are ordering a Race Power Kit plus the RCK3 for '15/'16 bikes. My dealer seemed to suggest that to get the RCK3, you first had to purchase/enable RCK2, which seemed wrong.

Can anyone verify?
Curious about this as well... and does the RCK3 have functionality without unlocking the Race ECU on the 15'?

·
Premium Member
743 Posts

Can anyone verify?
That's correct for 15/16 model.
-RCK3
-unlock code RCK3
-raceECU unlock code

Only for pre-2015 models you need 4 itmes:
-RCK2
-unlock code RCK2
-raceECU
-raceECU unlock code

·
Vendor
3,226 Posts

Can anyone verify?
You are correct for '15-'16 bikes.

Edit--AndyHP4 just beat me to it.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Cool, thank you!

Does anyone know what the left handlebar switch is on the Race Power Kit parts fiche (number 7 here)?

It's unlabeled on the fiche -- does it do something cool like move the mode switch left or allow you to changes maps? The description says "Retrofit cruise control; Retrofitting driving mode Pro/DTC".

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Another question...

We received our the exhaust from the Power Kit, the RCK3 hardware, and datalogger. The unlock code is supposed to arrive any time.

However, for a second 2015+ bike with a stock exhaust or a slip on, what is needed to use the RCK3 with it? The RCK3 unlock code or the Race Power Kit unlock? It is not clear to me what code enables the hardware and what code unlocks the ECU.

·
Vendor
3,226 Posts
Another question...

We received our the exhaust from the Power Kit, the RCK3 hardware, and datalogger. The unlock code is supposed to arrive any time.

However, for a second 2015+ bike with a stock exhaust or a slip on, what is needed to use the RCK3 with it? The RCK3 unlock code or the Race Power Kit unlock? It is not clear to me what code enables the hardware and what code unlocks the ECU.
Just the RCK3 unlock code for the other bike and you can use the same RCK3 hardware with it.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
So... We have the RCK3 hardware, and the unlock codes for it and the Race Power Kit. What is the process to activate the codes? The RCK is being recoginized as well as the bike, but it won't proceed as it's not activated and I don't see the function to do it. Is this something that the dealer has to activate themselves?

·
Vendor
3,226 Posts
So... We have the RCK3 hardware, and the unlock codes for it and the Race Power Kit. What is the process to activate the codes? The RCK is being recoginized as well as the bike, but it won't proceed as it's not activated and I don't see the function to do it. Is this something that the dealer has to activate themselves?
Yes, dealer has to hook up bike and enter unlock code to enable use of RCK3 on that particular ECU.

·
Vendor
3,226 Posts
Ugh, BMW makes this so ridiculously obtuse and confusing. How does someone like Alpha do it with a code they send you?
Alpha can flash the ECU to unock the RCK3 function. Otherwise bike has to be brought to dealer with code to unlock via their system.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
I see. I thought Alpha had a way to do it without sending in your ECU. Thanks much for the info. Back to the dealer for us...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was under the impression that it be rck3 is a connection tool and acts as a device allowing the ability to adjust various settings and peramiters. Regardless of buying the kit you will still need an additional unlock key. These can be purchsed via dealership or alpha etc rck3 800-1000$ and the key is 750-900$. BOTH are needed to make changes. BUT the rck can be used on any bike that has purchased and installed they lock key.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I was under the impression that it be rck3 is a connection tool and acts as a device allowing the ability to adjust various settings and peramiters. Regardless of buying the kit you will still need an additional unlock key. These can be purchsed via dealership or alpha etc rck3 800-1000$ and the key is 750-900$. BOTH are needed to make changes. BUT the rck can be used on any bike that has purchased and installed they lock key.
Yes unlock code is vin specific

Hardware can be used in any bike that is unlocked.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts