BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
8,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some quick clips from VIR & Barber last month playing with my buddies that race K67s in expert. Including some others crashes, me going off track few times (missing brake marker winking at hot corner workers). One BMW flashed with Xworks, the rest with BT. The boys were hungry, my GSXR took them to Gaplebees.
Be sure to change viewing to HD video, YT default to 720.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Your video at Barber (at about 0:52), at the end of the straight that leads to museum corner, shows people crashing in the oil my bike dumped on the track when my engine blew. (Silver lining: my trip to Gaplebees does not appear in your video!)

·
8,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking good mang. Would be fun to ride Inde with ya.
What tracks do you ride?

Your video at Barber (at about 0:52), at the end of the straight that leads to museum corner, shows people crashing in the oil my bike dumped on the track when my engine blew. (Silver lining: my trip to Gaplebees does not appear in your video!)
Damn, that was your bike! So many people went down there.
What bike & number were yours? I did not include all gaplebees videos, you may still be in there.

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
362 Posts
What tracks do you ride?

Damn, that was your bike! So many people went down there.
What bike & number were yours? I did not include all gaplebees videos, you may still be in there.
Mostly Inde *Wilcox AZ and AMP in Phx. Then mt lemmon 2-3x a week.

Reactions: z00

·
8,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No number - running OEM "M" fairings (white with red and blue stickers). I'm really thankful no one got hurt, but lots of bike carnage.
Did you engine blow up Oct 16-18th event or before? I heard there was a major oil leak incident, a concern for the race, not sure if it is your s1k or something else.
Did you get engine replaced under warranty on S1k?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Did you engine blow up Oct 16-18th event or before? I heard there was a major oil leak incident, a concern for the race, not sure if it is your s1k or something else.
Did you get engine replaced under warranty on S1k?
That three day weekend - on Sunday afternoon if I remember right. Still need to take it to the dealer - been overwhelmed at work and every time I turn to work on the bike I only get so far before I get bummed out and switch to something else.

·
8,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That three day weekend - on Sunday afternoon if I remember right. Still need to take it to the dealer - been overwhelmed at work and every time I turn to work on the bike I only get so far before I get bummed out and switch to something else.
So that makes it 3rd S1k with issues that weekend. Hope you get it sorted out!

Reactions: cjc

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice riding z00, Quartararo like braking! So many corners at Barber that aren't the typical "brake in a straight line"

Both are great tracks, very technical! Must be a whole heap of smiles.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sick videos...would love it if you could post a pic of your camera mount...I really want to try and make some decent vids in '22. (Bike sounds awesome btw).

Barber is just so fine...was there in August literally melting....Friend lives just down the road from VIR...headed there next year for sure.

thanks for posting....great stuff!

·
Registered
2021 S1000RR M
28 Posts
z00... great vids bro, especially the VIR one. Wow..my mind just flooded back with soooo many good memories. I almost made it to that 10/25 VIR day...almost....just could not get my sh*t together. It would've been my first time back to VIR in 10+ years. My K67 is probably just going to be track bike for next year.

I have to say that was a nice recovery at 2.54 VIR turn one. I've yard sale'd a bike there a few times lol. The way the corner goes it's easy to think you have room if you miss a brake marker or turn in a little wonky but you don't, most people stay leaned over just a second to long and hit the deck, you stood it up perfect at the last second and just rode out of it, nice.

Great vids and great riding! Thanks for sharing- cheers!

Mike

·
8,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sick videos...would love it if you could post a pic of your camera mount...I really want to try and make some decent vids in '22. (Bike sounds awesome btw).
On my GSXR I used a goPRO L bracket in ignition hole (no key on track bike, see pic, it's the little black box infront of steering stem). Decent footage, keeps camera forward. I had it mounted in steering stem, but my helmet was hitting it.

For K67, there is a company that makes a nice steering stem mount with a Gopro universal adapter on ebay. Ideal camera location depends on your ergos. I dropped 2 cameras because of my riding style and long legs. I suggest you keep camera under windscreen area so you don't hit it. You can also mount it on mirrors (assuming you don't have any on a track bike), but you won't have dashboard in footage, which I find helpful to see corner speed/RPMs, gear when analyzing videos. Saves on installing a data acquisition system.

Tire Wheel Helmet Sports equipment Motorcycle helmet

z00... great vids bro, especially the VIR one. Wow..my mind just flooded back with soooo many good memories. I almost made it to that 10/25 VIR day...almost....just could not get my sh*t together. It would've been my first time back to VIR in 10+ years. My K67 is probably just going to be track bike for next year.
Hey Mike, VIR is awesome! Wish you made it on 10/25, it was a great day. Check out PREs 2022 schedule, it has top best tracks around (VIR, CMP, RA). Hope to see you next season!
T1 VIR is tricky. I went off twice in it on 10/25, my brake pads were worn out, I forgot to adjust lever travel, when I tried to brake the lever was hitting the throttle body.

Here is a T1 fun pass on a coach, when I have enough meat in brake pads to brake properly. T1, T7, T4, T10, T13 are great turns to pass at.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
K46

Hopefully be there soon on the 67.. Dunlop decided I had to wait... :(
Damn, that sucks, glad you're ok and hope the bike is too!

·
8,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hopefully be there soon on the 67.. Dunlop decided I had to wait... :(
That was a nasty crash, glad you are ok. Hope we can turn some laps next season. Get that K67 ready!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts