BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey lads, Just had a new quick shifter / blipper (downshifter) fitted to my HP4 and its amazing it changes up very quick (got button on bars for wet and dry) depending on how quick you want it to change the wet map lets it come in more smoothly, The downshifter is so smooth its unreal, if you use the clutch it cancels it out and its also set to blip above 2,500rpm for safety reasons, Since the new s1000rr came out I've always wanted one for mine, But now i keep my stunning HP4 and also have a blipper, its a win win situation, It's so neat on the bike, Have a look on there website or demos on you tube, proshift quickshifters,
The company is called proshift in Derby (uk) and they are excellent people to deal with straight talking and no crap,
Kev

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey lads, Just had a new quick shifter / blipper (downshifter) fitted to my HP4 and its amazing it changes up very quick (got button on bars for wet and dry) depending on how quick you want it to change the wet map lets it come in more smoothly, The downshifter is so smooth its unreal, if you use the clutch it cancels it out and its also set to blip above 2,500rpm for safety reasons, Since the new s1000rr came out I've always wanted one for mine, But now i keep my stunning HP4 and also have a blipper, its a win win situation, It's so neat on the bike, Have a look on there website or demos on you tube, proshift quickshifters,
The company is called proshift in Derby (uk) and they are excellent people to deal with straight talking and no crap,
Kev
I'm a dealer of Proshift solutions, and have nothing but good things to say about Proshift. They are excellent to deal with and very helpful. Expensive stuff, but boy do it work!

Post a video of your bike if possible ;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Expensive stuff you'r right but the last thing you want to buy is a cheap faulty product, Yes they are very helpful i am very pleased with the results,

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
if you use the clutch it cancels it out and its also set to blip above 2,500rpm for safety reasons
Also have the ProShift downshift only system installed - my question is how the shifter detects you are using the clutch since the clutch switch isn't connected to the blipper module itself I guess since it's an autarc system?

On the other side I'm very pleased it blippes all the time even I'm using the clutch so you don't have to rev match on your own :smile2:

Best investment you can do on any bike !!!

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Kev
Hey Kevin, are you the person whose bike they hired to finish development on the prototype digital system? They said they would have an HP4 in house the 2nd week of January. If so, this must be a video of your bike.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Is this system blipping/cutting when the clutch is being used? Is it blipping and killing fuel/ignition when shifting from Neutral to first?
The downshift only system is ALWAYS blipping in every gear and even you are changing gear from N to 1 - see my post above. It's a sensor on your shift rod so every time the sensor is passed it blipps - simple like that. I like that a lot since you are not using the autoblipper all the time so you have kind of automatic rev matching feature. The 2015 RR has therefore 2 switches on the clutch one for the QS the second one for the blipper since my HP4 only get one for the QS.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha. Thought so. Please ride as much as possible this weekend. :) They probably won't return my unit until you confirm it's 100%.
I been out mate and tested it and i've rang Roy and told him how good it is, the weather was bitter cold but had to see what it was like,

·
Registered
852 Posts
Is it true that this system cost nearly $3000 :confused:

·
Registered
852 Posts
The full up-/down-shifter - YES...why?
How much costs a new transmission :wink2:
Same price like a decent set of calipers or fork or wheels.... 0:)
I wanted to buy it but when i heard the price i went :surprise:

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Or buy a newer bike that has it built in and is more capable.
Good idea, way cheaper than just the blipper :surprise:
And good to have at least a bike, which can outrperform the rider - damn it, I knew I need more than 200hp :nerd:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts