BMW S1000RR Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had/have the same issue before/after BT Stage 1 on my 2020 K67 with full Akra. I posted here but only suggestion was to be firmer and press harder when down shifting. That helped, but I started to experiment and I found that 40-45 mph range is the sweet spot for 2nd to 1st downshifts. Any speed below 40 mph is prone to false neutrals on my bike when using quick-shifter. I adjusted my riding style and that seems to help 99% of the time. I still hit false neutral from time to time, but usually when I am lazy. I just use clutch when I need to shift at lower speed. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2022 BMW S1000RR
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I had/have the same issue before/after BT Stage 1 on my 2020 K67 with full Akra. I posted here but only suggestion was to be firmer and press harder when down shifting. That helped, but I started to experiment and I found that 40-45 mph range is the sweet spot for 2nd to 1st downshifts. Any speed below 40 mph is prone to false neutrals on my bike when using quick-shifter. I adjusted my riding style and that seems to help 99% of the time. I still hit false neutral from time to time, but usually when I am lazy. I just use clutch when I need to shift at lower speed. Hope that helps.
Yeah I know I'm nit picking I just think if I can get it resolved I'd like to, someone mentioned there's no need to go to first unless you're stopping, honestly sometimes I just wanna go to first and ring it out. Lol. Bren is saying that the cable adjustment affects micro switches that affect the QS. I'm gonna make a few adjustments and see if that helps. Other than this non issue really, it's perfect. I love the purr of the cold start, all restrictions removed, it's just a monster of a machine. I appreciate everyone in the group helping me. (Also I'm for sure using a very deliberate foot action when using the shifter, but for sure that's great advice)

41 - 48 of 48 Posts