BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have a full Akra titanium exhaust, without the tune cold start is shitty. With the tune it starts immediately and purrs like a kitten.
It seems many are having cold start problems with a full system. I guess I'm the outlier as I've never had a problem starting my bike up. Just went out to the garage to start mine up after it has been sitting for 3 days. Started right up with a single quick press on the start button.

·
Registered
2022 BMW S1000RR
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It seems many are having cold start problems with a full system. I guess I'm the outlier as I've never had a problem starting my bike up. Just went out to the garage to start mine up after it has been sitting for 3 days. Started right up with a single quick press on the start button.
But how does it sound when cold. Is it erratic for a few seconds?

·
Registered
2022 BMW S1000RR
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
As I said in my first post in this thread, it runs a bit rough for a few seconds and then settles down. Certainly not something that concerns me that much. Certainly not erratic where the I think with the use of erratic, the idle isn't all over the place.
Yeah maybe erratic is an extreme term, but from a cold start with the tune it's purring instantly. No rough start.

·
Registered
14 Posts
APPROVED!! BT on a new 2022 S 1000 RR.
I have the 22 made in April 2022. BT stage 1 installed.
The bike feels amazing! Acceleration is out of this world; I can hear every part of the engine!
You'll be amazed at how fast the quickshifter works now.
There is something very special about what BT has done!
All the support and guidance they have provided me have been greatly appreciated.

Nice shot from my old R1. The new BMW will be at the track in a couple of weeks :)
Tire Wheel Helmet Sports gear Vehicle

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
My 22 has 700ish miles on it. Bren stage 1. loss of most engine braking. going to run it some more to be sure nothing straightens itself out and contact BTmoto for an adjustment.
Loss of engine brake has been my complaint. It doesnt matter what setting you select, it changes nothing!
Ive been back and forth with them and got no where. Now Im not big on engine braking and always had it set to lowest setting, but now putting it on the highest setting nets you 0! Other people have complained about the loss of engine brake too with the tune.
I think some dont even realize they lost the engine braking

·
Registered
14 Posts
When riding in backcountry roads or on a track, you will learn how to use your brakes before turning in the right way if you don't use engine braking. It flows better through corners. However, this is my personal preference.
I may make a few adjustments to the Pro 1 set-up this morning, and I'll report on whether the engine break has been resolved.

·
Registered
22 Posts
On my 2020 I have the Bren Stage 1. Fixed cold start that was bad (
), gave me all the midrange without giving up the top end and did not effect engine braking. The only issue, which is intermittent, is down shifting at high RPM in Dynamic mode the rev match overshoots and "Pushes" the bike in the next gear. I have not had that in the race pro modes on track at all.

·
Registered
293 Posts
On my 2020 I have the Bren Stage 1. Fixed cold start that was bad (
), gave me all the midrange without giving up the top end and did not effect engine braking. The only issue, which is intermittent, is down shifting at high RPM in Dynamic mode the rev match overshoots and "Pushes" the bike in the next gear. I have not had that in the race pro modes on track at all.
I'm confused. Is that video of your cold start WITH the BT stage 1 tune?

·
Registered
293 Posts
No! Before the tune. Now it is perfect, fall, winter, spring and summer, no matter how cold or warm it is .
Ok. Because you state in the video, "Cold Start Brentune Stage 1" and didn't say stock tune or pre Brentune Stage 1. That start up is horrendous regardless of whether it's stock or with the Stage 1 tune. My 2022 has never had that issue with cold start up. Single quick press and the engine fires up every time without issue even after having the Akra headers installed. My bike is still running the factory tune.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Ok. Because you state in the video, "Cold Start Brentune Stage 1" and didn't say stock tune or pre Brentune Stage 1. That start up is horrendous regardless of whether it's stock or with the Stage 1 tune. My 2022 has never had that issue with cold start up. Single quick press and the engine fires up every time without issue even after having the Akra headers installed. My bike is still running the factory tune.
The new software update has helped with cold starts. I noticed it on mine when I got the new update and flashed back to stock to get warranty stuff done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 48 Posts