BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Vendor
4,856 Posts
The adaptation reset is about the best advise you got from them.

The advise I would give you is put the stock ECU file back in the bike, log some miles, take notice to issues or not. If not, get a new tune. Maybe mine?

Reactions: bennymx

·
Vendor
4,856 Posts
So would you agree that the clutch cable itself has nothing to do with the quick shifter? I need to see this through it cost me 900.
Sorry guy.. you can have .125 as normal in the cable play, or at the excess of .250 and it makes no difference to the QS method.

Reactions: bennymx

·
Vendor
4,856 Posts
Ok guys. Its not the clutch cable itself that effects the QS.

Come on, we have discussed this so many times about the K46. The micro switch is really what is to be considered and looked at. The clutch LEVER needs to be extended fully, which why BT is really trying to say is that the cable adjustment needs to be that when at rest position, the micro switch needs to be closed ( engaged ) . Notice there is 2 metal switch bars. One is for cruise control, the other is for the QS operation.

Remember after market clutch levers are a big issue in this area of the micro switch. Has nothing to do with the cable and it adjustment, but, you need to make sure the contacts on the micro switch are not bent and closing completely at rest.

GS911 will verify this as well.

Now if you say you have a stock clutch lever, then is very unlikely again that is the area of your QS issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts