BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE to be a part of August's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
The only time I shift from 2nd to 1st is when I'm coming to a stop at a light, and I always pull in the clutch lever and shift since I know I'll be coming to a stop and holding until the light changes. I've been riding too long on bikes with no QS so this comes naturally for me. I just never go to 1st gear for any reason other than that so for me this wouldn't be an issue and I probably wouldn't even have noticed it.
I get that you paid $900 and you should not have this problem. So the options as stated above are to re-tune back to stock, go to a dealer, argue with Brentune some more, or live with it?

Just a thought.

·
Registered
221 Posts
You paid full price and got less than you bargained for which sucks. You have essentially a brand new bike that should be working perfectly and it appears that Brentune has chipped away at that perfection, I'd be upset too. Well, post an update. Maybe do what they say, follow their instructions and adjust the clutch a little (or say that you did unless they ask for proof), then go back to them and say "ok, I did what you said, I still have the same problem, now fix it".
Or re-tune back to stock, see if the QS is working ok, then switch back to the Brentune and test the QS again and get back to them with the results and see what they say. If you can definitely connect the QS problem to the tune, then it's on them to correct or issue a refund.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts