BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE to be a part of August's Bike of the Month Challenge!
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Vendor
7,705 Posts
I just bought these and the metal collars on the seat DO NOT FIT over the seat pins. Its not even close! Returning them!
First I hear of them not fitting, did you take one out and see if it slides through the hole w/out being mounted on the bike. The angle once it's mounted can be a little bit tougher to get the seat to go on. But they are WELL worth it! I'd give em a call and see what's up.

·
Registered
144 Posts
guys, trust me, i was heart broken. When i tried to push the seat down, the metal collar popped right out of the seat. So i figured it was the angle, like you said 1000RR, so i reseated the collar and tried again...POP. So, with collar in hand, i tried to fit it over the pin and it only clears the narrower upper part of the pin. It didn't even come close to going over the pin. so I removed the pin and tried to push the pin into the metal collar and that's when i realized there was NO way it was going in. I sat there for a minute and considered drilling out the collar. But decided that something like this REALLY has to be precise, so i put the crap screws back in and went to cry in the corner :(

I wonder if i'm the victim of a running change in s1k's? Maybe all i need is 2010 collars? I got a feeling this is just the beginning of this issue.

So I spoke to Jason over at motovation and there isn't any other seat pin made for other bikes...it's only for ours. He gave me an RMA # and patted me on the back but i'd really love to use these. I CANT STAND THOSE SEAT SCREWS!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get spare collars? I seem to have lost one them after getting my bike serviced. Then the other pops out but I found it resting in the battery box.

I looked at the parts CD but it only specifies a flat washer.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I just bought these and the metal collars on the seat DO NOT FIT over the seat pins. Its not even close! Returning them!
Same thing here. I have a 2011 model bike and the pins won't come close to fitting in the seat holes. The pins are too big. Very disappointed!

Anyone have a solution?

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get spare collars? I seem to have lost one them after getting my bike serviced. Then the other pops out but I found it resting in the battery box.
Same thing happened to me, lucky I had something similar in the box-of-scraps to use in place of it. What I'm now going to do is mount both sides from the bottom and secure them with JB Weld. Voila, easy fix.:)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Seems the site is down/gone. I saw a recent post where someone made some. I need to find that one again.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
crap. This is one part I forgot to remove from my 2010 bike, and now that I'm gathering up all my goodies to put on my 2012, I just realized I left them.

One of the most convenient mods you can do to an S1000RR. Damn.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.