BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We did a Austin racing shorty GPR1 cat delete on a 2016 S1000RR. At the same time we installed a Rapid Bike with the my tuning. Replaced the stock filter. Removed the rear servo and installed a servo buddy. And since a my tuning was installed and it was recommended we installed the smog block off plates by driven. Friday the servo buddy came in. It was installed. Then we turned the bike on. Blue led light from the my tuning came on. Once the 02 sensor was heated up the red LED turned on. The bike was reved at 4500 rpms as per directions. However once the bike was turned off I heard a ticking noise. It seemed that it came from around the ECU or below it. Once the ignition was turned off the bike had a ticking sound. Once the ignition was turned off the ticking noise started. Then the bike made a sound 2 seconds later to show that the bike was off and electric was off. After than quick sound stopped the ticking noise stopped.

The ticking noise sounded as if it was coming from by the ECU or under the tank. Could it be that some wires may be pinched? Has anyone had this issue? We are in the process of installing a 2017 Akrapovic full system along with 2017 akrapovic gp can on a 2015 S1000R which only needed the Evotech exhaust mounting bracket kit with left side passenger peg block off kit in order to make the 2017 system work on a 2015. In addition a rapid bike and my tuning will be installed on the 2015 S1000R.

However that ticking sound once the ignition is turned off is our main concern. We think maybe wires are pinched or the fact that the injector ports have too much play as the rapid bike plugs are plugged into the oem s1000R injector ports and it may be causing an issue with the spark plugs. Any info will help since our next bike install with a full system and rapid bike plus my tuning, air box block off kit and driven servo buddy is the 2015 S1000r and after that is a 2017 S1000RR with a Austin racing shorty cat delete, rapid bike, my tuning , servo buddy, and driven air box delete. And I dont want the same ticking sound to happen to the S1000R or the S1000RR.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
You mentioned you installed "a servo buddy". There are 2 servos (front and rear) on the bike. I installed 1 servo buddy after installing my Rapidbike and got a ticking sound as well. I believe (its been while) that ticking went away after I installed the the 2nd servo buddy for the front servo.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mentioned you installed "a servo buddy". There are 2 servos (front and rear) on the bike. I installed 1 servo buddy after installing my Rapidbike and got a ticking sound as well. I believe (its been while) that ticking went away after I installed the the 2nd servo buddy for the front servo.
When I emailed back and forth with Woodcraft regarding the bike. I told them I installed the austin racing cat delete. His response was since I did a cat delete then it was not considered a full system and didnt need to install a servo buddy up front if I removed the rear servo. And that just installing a servo buddy in the rear was enough. However I will email woodcraft and explain the situation. Maybe adding a servo buddy up front will fix the issue. Did you install a full system or did you do a cat delete like I did? Thanks

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
When I emailed back and forth with Woodcraft regarding the bike. I told them I installed the austin racing cat delete. His response was since I did a cat delete then it was not considered a full system and didnt need to install a servo buddy up front if I removed the rear servo. And that just installing a servo buddy in the rear was enough. However I will email woodcraft and explain the situation. Maybe adding a servo buddy up front will fix the issue. Did you install a full system or did you do a cat delete like I did? Thanks
Oh, somehow I had it in my head that you also changed the headers. I have a full system in place which is why I have the servo buddy up front as well. Now that I think about it, my ticking might have been related to removing the cat on my bike and not installing the rear servo buddy at that time. You sure the servo buddy is seated all the way in?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, somehow I had it in my head that you also changed the headers. I have a full system in place which is why I have the servo buddy up front as well. Now that I think about it, my ticking might have been related to removing the cat on my bike and not installing the rear servo buddy at that time. You sure the servo buddy is seated all the way in?
I thought the servo buddy was seated in all the way. No codes came up when I started the bike . But I will take your advice and make sure the servo buddy is plugged in all the way. I emailed Yaman at rapid bike and he said not to worry. The clicking noise was coming from the servo and some relays are still alive a more seconds after the key is turned off. I never had that ticking noise before completely removing rear servo and installing a servo buddy. Before I did the Austin racing GPR1 shorty cat delete along with rapid bike, my tuning, air box mod, and servo buddy when I removed the rear servo I had a Yosh R55 Slip on. At that point the rear servo was still connected. I will take your advice though and make sure the rear servo buddy is connected properly.

I may also contact Austin racing and ask if I did a shorty cat delete could I use that shorty cat delete and add a full system to it. Maybe I can who knows.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I thought the servo buddy was seated in all the way. No codes came up when I started the bike . But I will take your advice and make sure the servo buddy is plugged in all the way. I emailed Yaman at rapid bike and he said not to worry. The clicking noise was coming from the servo and some relays are still alive a more seconds after the key is turned off. I never had that ticking noise before completely removing rear servo and installing a servo buddy. Before I did the Austin racing GPR1 shorty cat delete along with rapid bike, my tuning, air box mod, and servo buddy when I removed the rear servo I had a Yosh R55 Slip on. At that point the rear servo was still connected. I will take your advice though and make sure the rear servo buddy is connected properly.

I may also contact Austin racing and ask if I did a shorty cat delete could I use that shorty cat delete and add a full system to it. Maybe I can who knows.
Good to hear. I guess a recording of the ticking would have sorted out what kind of ticking it was.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We did a Austin racing shorty GPR1 cat delete on a 2016 S1000RR. At the same time we installed a Rapid Bike with the my tuning. Replaced the stock filter. Removed the rear servo and installed a servo buddy. And since a my tuning was installed and it was recommended we installed the smog block off plates by driven. Friday the servo buddy came in. It was installed. Then we turned the bike on. Blue led light from the my tuning came on. Once the 02 sensor was heated up the red LED turned on. The bike was reved at 4500 rpms as per directions. However once the bike was turned off I heard a ticking noise. It seemed that it came from around the ECU or below it. Once the ignition was turned off the bike had a ticking sound. Once the ignition was turned off the ticking noise started. Then the bike made a sound 2 seconds later to show that the bike was off and electric was off. After than quick sound stopped the ticking noise stopped.

The ticking noise sounded as if it was coming from by the ECU or under the tank. Could it be that some wires may be pinched? Has anyone had this issue? We are in the process of installing a 2017 Akrapovic full system along with 2017 akrapovic gp can on a 2015 S1000R which only needed the Evotech exhaust mounting bracket kit with left side passenger peg block off kit in order to make the 2017 system work on a 2015. In addition a rapid bike and my tuning will be installed on the 2015 S1000R.

However that ticking sound once the ignition is turned off is our main concern. We think maybe wires are pinched or the fact that the injector ports have too much play as the rapid bike plugs are plugged into the oem s1000R injector ports and it may be causing an issue with the spark plugs. Any info will help since our next bike install with a full system and rapid bike plus my tuning, air box block off kit and driven servo buddy is the 2015 S1000r and after that is a 2017 S1000RR with a Austin racing shorty cat delete, rapid bike, my tuning , servo buddy, and driven air box delete. And I dont want the same ticking sound to happen to the S1000R or the S1000RR.
I changed my stock exhaust to a full Yoshimura and I have the same ticking. I have read many with this "problem" but almost every reply I have seen saying not to worry about this.
But if you find any way to make it stop, please write how!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ran the bike again today to 212 degrees just to make sure the fan was plugged in properly and reved it at 4500 and over like the my tuning said to do even though I already did that. When I shut the bike off there was no ticking. Maybe the servo buddy kicked in who knows. Then I took her for a ride and when I the bike down there was no ticking noise. Im guessing everything sorted itself out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts