BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
Yeah, on my '15 my right bar in particular seems to peak at about 4k RPM, which if I remember is right about 50mph. Replacing the OEM giant exhaust can with the Yosh R-55 LE almost completely cured that (see above comment about # of parts in the chain) as a side benefit, but I can still feel that peak. Smooth as glass at 80+mph though. So, if I ever get pulled over for that, I'll simply tell the officer I'm simply trying to avoid a career-ending carpal tunnel injury... 馃ぃ
Yes, that gen I put Helibars and HVMP bar ends and it was pretty much gone. Also I didnt ride at 4K rpm much so it was not a problem. This Gen being its higher in the rev range sucks!

Registered
Yes, that gen I put Helibars and HVMP bar ends and it was pretty much gone. Also I didnt ride at 4K rpm much so it was not a problem. This Gen being its higher in the rev range sucks!
I don't like the buzz at 4k, but it's a LOT better now than it was. Amazing how changing something at the FAR end of the bike, affects the "system" so much. I had a hard time believing it at first. Tooling around traffic or getting stuck behind slow vehicles on a mtn road is where it's at its worst. I don't spend much time AT 8krpm (over 100mph in 6th?) but if I'm that high in the rpm's I'm blowing thru it to redline, so, having the buzz at 8k would be better for me. I don't race so I don't spend any "dwell" time there. I find I maybe peak at maybe 7k, maybe a little higher if I'm running in the mtns. I can keep up good corner speed without revving the p!ss out of it. I can't imagine using higher rpm for our roads without it just being too dangerous. Here at least, you're not going to go any faster and at higher rpm you're just making noise and wasting gas in addition to it being more dangerous. Track, of course, being a different story.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
I don't spend much time AT 8krpm (over 100mph in 6th?) but if I'm that high in the rpm's I'm blowing thru it to redline, so, having the buzz at 8k would be better for me. I don't race so I don't spend any "dwell" time there. I find I maybe peak at maybe 7k, maybe a little higher if I'm running in the mtns. I can keep up good corner speed without revving the p!ss out of it. I can't imagine using higher rpm for our roads without it just being too dangerous. Here at least, you're not going to go any faster and at higher rpm you're just making noise and wasting gas in addition to it being more dangerous. Track, of course, being a different story.
Well said. That's' why we "market" our products as a sport touring accessory - for the long rides where you may be forced to dwell at a specific RPM range for extended periods of time. Vibration shouldn't be as huge a problem on the track where you're blasting though gears and varying the throttle constantly, and not spending hours at a time.

Registered
Well said. That's' why we "market" our products as a sport touring accessory - for the long rides where you may be forced to dwell at a specific RPM range for extended periods of time. Vibration shouldn't be as huge a problem on the track where you're blasting though gears and varying the throttle constantly, and not spending hours at a time.
For track use I'd think they'd simply pull them off to save weight.

Registered
If you are on the track you will always be 8K rpm and above and thats where this new Gen vibrates big time!

Registered
2021 s1000rr
Those look like standard hollow clip ons. That would use a universal type bar end. We have those in two sizes depending on the inner diameter of the clip-ons.

I would not recommend the universal type weight for racing or track use.
They are hollow but they have a funky opening and unknown to me i.d. normal expansion fittings don't fit

21 - 28 of 28 Posts