BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
OK. I had pressed the button on track and it had the double blink.

I have it mounted on the front of the tank. I am in a full tuck when I cross start/finish of course, so may be it is being occluded. Not sure where else you could mount it with the provided cable length though. Possibly on the side of the front fairing.

Can you tell me what settings are required on the bike setup side?
A good spot for it is on the triple.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
A good spot for it is on the triple.

OK, can try that, thanks.

Can you tell me the correct settings on the bike side -- do you just set it to "Auto""? Any other settings or things you have to do to start it recording laps?

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
OK, can try that, thanks.

Can you tell me the correct settings on the bike side -- do you just set it to "Auto""? Any other settings or things you have to do to start it recording laps?
Here, I uploaded you a snippet off the S1000RR user manual which indicates what the settings do.

AUTO allows you to also end the lap, but if you choose EXTERN only the GPS lap timer module will start/finish the laps.

Attachments

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Track season is here for almost all of us, and these trick GPS lap timers are just a great addition to your S1000RR.

Order directly from www.motomillion.com and make sure to use the forum discount code S1000RRFORUM-Q2 at checkout!

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Wow this looks like an awesome piece of timing gear.
I just re-read my owners manual for my 2013 and there are some cool features if you utilize the stock lap timer.

Fastest lap anticipated is awesome.
Manual states, "When you start a new lap your intermediate times are taken every 100 metres and compared with the corresponding intermediate times of the best lap stored in memory. If your intermediate times show that you are faster than on your previous best lap the processor anticipates that this lap will be your new best
time. "Fastest lap" indicator lights up."
The indicator is a little stop watch on the bottom left.

Information per lap includes, top speed, lowest speed, average throttle twist grip position, percentage of lap ridden with brakes applied, and number of gear shifts.

How many laps can be stored on the stock lap timer?

Will the PZ unit only save 1 track at a time?

Anyone have experience with how easy this is to set up the start/finish point?
Do you need to be going slow or does it not matter? I'd hate to be forced to go at a slow pace, while holding down the button to set the start/finish point. That would create a huge hazard on a crowded track.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I have stored over 60 on mine and it was still counting. You have to be going over 20 mph and I have set mine going over 140 mph. It will only store 1 track at a time .
Also not that this should be a issue but lap time has to be over a minute .

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Just an update!

Just received new stock for these, and now they are all the BW400 units. They have predefined race tracks throughout the world, including a dozen or more in the USA. Which means you will not have to set the start/finish line if you are at one of these predefined tracks.

If the track you are visiting isn't listed, you can still set the start/finish line simply with the push of a button.

Follow the link below to download the manual to see the predefined tracks.

https://www.motomillion.com/products/pzracing-b-tronic-plug-and-play-lap-timer-for-bmw-s1000rr-bw400

·
Registered
57 Posts
I did everything you said here but it starts recording the lap and does not stop counting untill I turn off the engine. it's as if he does not read that I am passing the finish line. Did save it on the track. What should I do?

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I did everything you said here but it starts recording the lap and does not stop counting untill I turn off the engine. it's as if he does not read that I am passing the finish line. Did save it on the track. What should I do?
Are you setting the start/finish line on the track?

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
yes, I can make a video for you to see
Here is a few quick troubleshooting questions:

1) Is the trigger mode on the bikes menu set to AUTO or EXTERN?
2) Is the gps led light on the module, lit solid or blinking?
3) Where did you place the gps module on the bike?

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
21 - 40 of 53 Posts