BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Vendor
5,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally, they’ve arrived! Puig Windscreens for the S1000RR are at RidersDiscount.com! Available in light smoke and dark smoke, the Z-RaciTo install the windscreen, simply re-use your OEM mounting bolts and expansion grommets.

We have these windscreens ready to go – just call TJ at 866-931-6644 ext 817 and be sure to mention you’re a forum member. You may also email us; FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM with the subject line PUIG S1K where you can tell us what color you’d like your Puig and where to send it.

Light smoke in the foreground, dark smoke behind it.

High-quality fabrication means the finished windscreen has no rough or sharp edges on the outside …

… or the inside.

Dark Smoke.

Light Smoke edit: Puig is no longer including the gasket that lays over the top edge.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hey TJ is that light smoke the same as the older model DB light smoke screens in the pass??? Say 07 gsxr 1000... that light smoke for the S1 looks like it's liter than my old one... But maybe it's just the white background you have them in?

·
Vendor
5,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here are some photos of the Puig windscreen mounted on the S1000 RR.

OEM Windscreen.

Light Smoke Puig Windscreen.

Dark Smoke BMW windscreen.

Comparison. OEM at left, light smoke in the middle and dark on the right.

Some photos of the light smoke windscreen out in the sun. We will be keeping this one for our BMW Racebike.

We noticed during installation that BMW was kind enough to put a shroud in front of the instruments, which covers the wire loom.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ordered one from Cycle Sector a while back and got an email today saying they should be in on the 15th.
Do you have them in stock now?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm calling right now, thanks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
do you have any pic's of these screens mounted?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks Rider Discount, just got my tracking confirmation that Puig Dark Screen is on the way next week!!!! Good price and have on stock, Very Nice Indeed!!:D

·
Registered
174 Posts
Are you talking about the clear tubing?? It goes around the outside edge of the screen... I forgot the wording for the reasoning:D I never use it, I just throw it away...
I thought there's a use for it and for protection, so that your head wouldn't get cut-off incase your neck hit the edges of that windshield on extreme braking and/or crash...:p:D

1 - 20 of 85 Posts