BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Booked my first day at the track on the s1krr at Sydney Motorsport Park.
Looking forward to it, finally get to practice the css level 1 course I did on the rc8 last year in august. Going to be a very different experience, on a much faster bike. Kind of excited, kind of terrified, standard track day feels when I only do one or two a year.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Nothing to fear but fun. I had a prepaid track day for a local track. I need to decided when I’m going to go. I may only get to do one this year as well.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will definitely be fun have half a dozen mates going, mostly in different groups due to track time and experience.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For track days here they only run the GP circuit which is quite good with plenty variety of turns and some elevation changes

·
Registered
935 Posts
Ahh, good old Eastern Creek! Did that circuit a few times with the old OzVFR crowd (some of who became my OZBMW crowd :) )

Loved passing litre bikes on my VFR in the corners, and turn 1 when some would let off the throttle, turn 2 destroyed the hero blobs!

Enjoy yourself, let your tyres warm up before you fang it :) You running slicks or road tyres?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Good stuff mate. What group are you in? I'll be there on the 29th.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I had a big scare in turn one a while back with the ktm popping out of gear mid corner and a trip into the gravel trap. So is a confidence building day mostly, working on corner entry speed and everything from css level 1.
I’ll be going in yellow on the 29th. Running road tyres Michelin Power RS

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ah yes. I've had a neutral entering there previously also. Not nice.

I'm in red group. Whats your bike look like? Keep an eye out for the carbon 2010 with fluro yellow wheels. Can't miss it lol.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Ah yes. I've had a neutral entering there previously also. Not nice.

I'm in red group. Whats your bike look like? Keep an eye out for the carbon 2010 with fluro yellow wheels. Can't miss it lol.
Is it because you tried to shift into 1st gear?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’ll be on a stock tri-colour will keep an eye out. I’ll be in a garage somewhere with 6 or 7 other guys.

The ktm for me popped into neutral while leaned over and on the gas ?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't think I'll be flat out 6th through that corner for some time. Need a lot more track time up my sleeves for that kind of confidence.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm also planning to take my mirrors and fender off and disconnect the brake and headlights. Are there any issues with doing this? I expect that the electronics will spit out some errors at me?

·
Registered
252 Posts
No way flat out 6th through the corner lol! 4th or 5th through the corner.

Here is a recent muck around video on the wrong compound rear tyre

No problems with lights but there is an option in the dash menu to turn off lamp warning that you'll need to select.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ahh I misread that you were going around in 6th flat out not coming down to it 6th flat out and changing down to fourth to navigate it. My brain was going that's ******* ballsy haha

Video looks good too.

Thanks should be a quick job one night this week prepping for Saturday

·
Registered
252 Posts
Was that you TC intervening? DDC? Thanks for the video she really comes out of the hole strong!
My ECU has been played with a lot by one of the original owners of the bike. I don't know the full details of it. Even in slick mode that I run, as soon as there is throttle is opened at any decent kind of lean angle the TC light starts flashing. Still quite easy to turn the tyre. No DDC on this bike all Ohlins.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts