BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Bmw S1000RR 2010
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool! Just a heads up the mirror bolts hole distances from some of the generations don't match.
If it is true, I did the test until 2016 and I assumed that they all had the same distance and now I will see to analyze for which model and adopt it, thanks for the comment.

·
Registered
2016 S1000rr
14 Posts
I'd buy a set as long as they cover the entire hole the mirrors cover up. My Lightech ones are too small

Reactions: Bullkanox

·
Registered
805 Posts
Nice renderings! Question: How do you plan on getting that deep, sharp, acute angle in the bottom legs of the R? EDM it? It would be easily done with laser marking, but it wouldn't be as deep as shown.

Just curious...

·
Registered
Bmw S1000RR 2010
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They look excellent, are you selling some ?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
If I plan to sell them, I only need one model to finish the project, but my problem is that I live in Argentina and here it is expensive and very difficult to carry out an idea ... I am trying to solve that, I also have the idea of being able make the pieces outside of Argentina.

·
Registered
Bmw S1000RR 2010
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd buy a set as long as they cover the entire hole the mirrors cover up. My Lightech ones are too small
I designed it thanks to an idea and also when I saw on a friend's motorcycle that the ones I had bought were poorly designed, and I worried about the good grip, covering the entire hole.

·
Registered
Bmw S1000RR 2010
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice renderings! Question: How do you plan on getting that deep, sharp, acute angle in the bottom legs of the R? EDM it? It would be easily done with laser marking, but it wouldn't be as deep as shown.

Just curious...
Thank you for your inquiry, I will tell you that I am just solving that too, the limitations of the company that will do the machining for me, tomorrow I will send you the project and you will analyze it to see if I have to make any modifications to the model. And the letters are correct, I have to resort to the laser, perhaps I extrude the letters less so that the lazer can work well.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Thank you for your inquiry, I will tell you that I am just solving that too, the limitations of the company that will do the machining for me, tomorrow I will send you the project and you will analyze it to see if I have to make any modifications to the model. And the letters are correct, I have to resort to the laser, perhaps I extrude the letters less so that the lazer can work well.
Yeah, I've done CAD (Creo) since '96, and the only way to get that sharp point is by EDM (to whatever depth - very expensive) or to a very shallow depth with a laser (cheap). Plus, anything deep would just get [email protected] building up in it and hard to clean out. Any milling cutter is going to leave a radius, and wouldn't be as sharp or look as nice. So, I'd go with laser.

There are plenty of companies out there in the world that will do prototype or low-volume manufacturing for you if you send them a native CAD or universal STEP file. A company in the US might be the best bet because of where you're located.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
Bmw S1000RR 2010
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ZZZ... I have no words to thank for your comment, which is very useful and inspiring. Thank you for the information.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts