BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Vendor
5,239 Posts
Racing Red is hot. I have 2 sets of these body colors. Enjoy the miles of smiles looking great.

· Registered
2020 BMW S1000 RR
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How was wrapping it? Was it hard to do? How much did you spend?
I learned how to wrap over the years and did it myself. I ordered the 3M pre cut for the bike, $250.00 other areas I made templates. The vinyl wrapped sub frame, I also made templates, laid down the material and did some very careful relief cuts.
The carbon vinyl was about 35.00 for a roll and the 3M that I had to cut templates for maybe 60.00 to 70.00 dollars as I ordered a large roll for other projects.

· Registered
2 Posts
Spyke,
I did the same thing "self learn't" applying Xpel PPF when I bought a C7 when they first came out. The local shops wanted $2-$3000 in labor to wrap the C7 for a total of around $4000 & I was already tight on funds from buying the car. So I considered it $2-$3000 in extra material to figure out the process myself. It gave me an area of focus for my OCD & I ended up opening a couple of installer accounts with places like 44tools.com These days I wrap something every few months just to stay proficient as to not embarrass myself. The vinyls they offer these days are incredible & would really like to try a chrome wrap at some point.

When an industry as a whole suggest you can't do something DIY & have no choice but to pay them for their services, they need to be careful how much they charge, they run the risk of pricing their skilled labor out of the market. Charging a customer as much as you would an attorney for similar hours of work should be a warning sign to the industry. Nowadays they sell PPF & vinyl films to anyone. Install shops are a buyer beware sort of situation & the customer could do a better job on their own with at least half of the shops.

Your wrap looks awesome & with the constant compound curves you worked with, you're a lot better than you think you are! You should try a truck with training wheels & see how easy those would be for you.

Congratz!

Steve

· Registered
2021 M + Carbon Package
894 Posts
thats a nice bike!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts