BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question is what are some things I should do prior to getting my s1krr tuned?
it’s a 2012 with 12k miles and upgrades from previous owner are:
akro full exhaust titanium headers
Aem wide band sensors
Servo buddy
Flashed and brentune
I’ve bought a pcv and pair valve block off plates that will be installed before the tune. Also looking for a gs911 to help with future maintenance so any thing to do with resetting sensors would be good to know.
Any recommendations or maintenance tasks for that fact are appreciated

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
An oil change is probably a good idea. And if you want a bigger dyno figure pump your rear tire up to 45 psi. Sticky tires sap HP!

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
Question is what are some things I should do prior to getting my s1krr tuned?
it’s a 2012 with 12k miles and upgrades from previous owner are:
akro full exhaust titanium headers
Aem wide band sensors
Servo buddy
Flashed and brentune
I’ve bought a pcv and pair valve block off plates that will be installed before the tune. Also looking for a gs911 to help with future maintenance so any thing to do with resetting sensors would be good to know.
Any recommendations or maintenance tasks for that fact are appreciated
already have the full akra, you're doing good. GS-911 essential, even need it just to bleed the brakes on these things. i've never used a PC, but why use that if you are going to tune the ECU? if it already has a tune, why are you looking to retune? is there something wrong with the way it is?

my 10 years of mods in progress is here 10 year anniversary with s1k

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
already have the full akra, you're doing good. GS-911 essential, even need it just to bleed the brakes on these things. i've never used a PC, but why use that if you are going to tune the ECU? if it already has a tune, why are you looking to retune? is there something wrong with the way it is?

my 10 years of mods in progress is here 10 year anniversary with s1k
Nice thread! And just ordered gs-911 today along with a maintenance manual and should be here in a couple weeks 🤦🏻‍♂️ The current tune on it is just a bren tune uploaded with the handheld. I was seeing some what a “laggy throttle” you’d crank it and you could feel it but 6k rpm and under vs 6k rpm And over is an astronomical difference. I am having some throttle body issues now and possibly going to replace it and see if that was the issue prior but my tuner said he needed a pcv or a bazzaz to tune it. Figure he’d be able to mess with throttle positions with the new tune as well. I’m only running street. No track days in the foreseeable future but for now just street.

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
Nice thread! And just ordered gs-911 today along with a maintenance manual and should be here in a couple weeks 🤦🏻‍♂️ The current tune on it is just a bren tune uploaded with the handheld. I was seeing some what a “laggy throttle” you’d crank it and you could feel it but 6k rpm and under vs 6k rpm And over is an astronomical difference. I am having some throttle body issues now and possibly going to replace it and see if that was the issue prior but my tuner said he needed a pcv or a bazzaz to tune it. Figure he’d be able to mess with throttle positions with the new tune as well. I’m only running street. No track days in the foreseeable future but for now just street.
ok. def good to make sure all the components like throttle body issues fixed first before doing anything else like you plan to do. always fix the known problems first.

personally, i like the idea of having the ECU tuned vs. adding more modules on the bike as it just seems cleaner to me, but I'll defer to the experts on whether one is any better of a solution than the other.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok. def good to make sure all the components like throttle body issues fixed first before doing anything else like you plan to do. always fix the known problems first.

personally, i like the idea of having the ECU tuned vs. adding more modules on the bike as it just seems cleaner to me, but I'll defer to the experts on whether one is any better of a solution than the other.
Oh for sure I’m going to get her nice and solid before it comes within 100 miles of a dyno lol I’m just getting a game plan together so it will all come together quickly and I’ll enjoy it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts