BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Power Commander for the XR/R/RR different in any meaningful way that would cause them to not be cross-compatible between the models? Are the injector plugs any different? Wouldn't flashing the proper tune onto the Power Commander make it not matter, or is there some form of DRM on the Power Commanders that prevents this?

·
Administrator
6,845 Posts
If PC could make one model that fits all I assume that they would. Just my guess.

·
Vendor
3,164 Posts
Is the Power Commander for the XR/R/RR different in any meaningful way that would cause them to not be cross-compatible between the models? Are the injector plugs any different? Wouldn't flashing the proper tune onto the Power Commander make it not matter, or is there some form of DRM on the Power Commanders that prevents this?
I dont know the exact answer to the internals of the PC box itself. most of the time if a wiring harness is included and a small simple length of wire is changed to meet routing directions, then the part number will change.

The injectors are the same 15-19 K46 and K47 and even many other K series bikes.

The big difference however is in the ECU connectors. The wiring is not the same at the ECU from XR to R to RR. Just a simple color change on the ECU connector to component will cause a part number change on any device that is advertised as plug and play.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts